Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Why MFS2020 may not matter

I've got my own new system headed  this way, arrives Wednesday, all for FS2020! ooooRah!

Microsoft’s beautiful and punishing Flight Simulator 2020 reboot will spur a staggering $2.6 billion in PC hardware sales, Jon Peddie Research (JPR) estimates...It’s worth it, though, Reeves agrees. “As a former pilot myself, the realism it brings in every detail is just incredible. I suspect we’re going to be building PCs chasing performance in this title for years to come.”

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3572290/microsoft-flight-simulator-will-spur-billions-in-pc-hardware-sales.html

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Worldwide PC sales are roughly 260 million units. That $2.6B, although it may sound like a big number, it really isn't. That amount of high end systems hardly puts a small dent in the worldwide market, maybe 1% of total sales (US $) at best.  I also wonder what happens when the XBox version of MSFS hits the streets. 

I was considering upgrading my hardware this Fall, but now I'm going to wait until Asobo fixes some the major bugs. 

• Like 1

A man goes to a bar in New Orleans: Can I have a corona and two hurricanes please.
Bartender: That’ll be $20.20.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm not sure I understand you lads opting out of purchasing MSFS...even if it still has some issues they will all be ironed out. In the meantime you get to enjoy an awesome sim. I am flying all the same flights I used to fly in FSX but with a much better user interface, scenery, graphics, planes...everything. 

On 8/24/2020 at 10:19 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

was considering upgrading my hardware this Fall, but now I'm going to wait until Asobo fixes some the major bugs. 

Smart move, you won't have to dump your 2080Ti graphics card either, then:

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFlightSim/comments/hspxjs/fs_2020_and_ray_tracing/

MSFS is still at DX11, so no  Ray Tracing support. Until RT support is added, it's worth waiting on the RTX 3000 series. P3d5 might benefit from adding an RTX 3090, assuming your CPU isn't a bottleneck.

3 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Ray Tracing support.

No Ray Tracing support?! I didn't realise that and went and bought the 'Full House'. I'm going to ask for a refund.

Er..Who's Ray Tracing and what did he do so's not to get support?

• Like 3

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

18 hours ago, aussieflying said:

better user interface

Nah. It's a lash up. But it is what it is to use the vernacular.

22 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Er..Who's Ray Tracing and what did he do so's not to get support?

Ray Tracing is a friend of Bill Stickers. They say Bill Stickers will be prosecuted and he says he's innocent. Bill says he likes the MSFS interface but Ray doesn't have an opinion yet.

• Like 3

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

2 hours ago, SteveW said:

Ray Tracing is a friend of Bill Stickers. They say Bill Stickers will be prosecuted and he says he's innocent. Bill says he likes the MSFS interface but Ray doesn't have an opinion yet.

Ray will, as soon as he gets a round tuit..

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Wait, you mean it isn't going to be at least twice as fast, without Ray?
Glad I stopped by, will Stick with Bill and save a bundle on hardware.

• Like 1

Confused? You wont be if you continue reading this and other threads. 🙂

13 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Nah. It's a lash up. But it is what it is to use the vernacular.

FSX UI was like something that came out in 2006...oh wait it did.

14 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

Ray got a lifetime ban from ORBX 🤣

At least Ray-bans are cool. 😄 

Hook

• Like 4

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;