Sign in to follow this  
captain420

The built-in flight planner in MSFS is amazing!

I

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

No offense but I hope they DO 🙂

Regards

bs

I actually hope for both types of aircraft: The highly realistic PMDG-type that require you to do things the right way and the ones that are like the default aircraft in MSFS and have lots of "In-op" buttons. Right now I'd like to be able to fly Lockheed TriStars, Constellations, Concordes, DC-8's and 9's (and 3's!), Boeing Stratocruisers, etc. But if they are too realistic I won't be able to fly them. So maybe there will be freeware versions of those that take advantage of the flight planner? Then when I am ready I can graduate to PMDG's "fleet."

Yeah. It is all about time.

I've been working 12.5 hour night shift four days a week as a transportation supervisor.

I have a lot of trucks in my real life. And trailers. And drivers.

With route planners I used to have (FS Commander and another one... Anne...forgot, sorry!), it would take all time I have to fly from KJFK to KIAD. So I hope PMDG will give an option.

I only use World Map to find out which runways apply to Departure and Arrival in live weather, then I create my flight plan in the cockpit with Navigraph charts.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Personally I would much prefer any FMS / GPS etc initialises blank, but then have the option to import the current MSFS Flight Plan (or even a saved plan) or input one manually. Have never been keen on ones that fire up with the plan already there, then again I'm not massively keen on the MS flight planner either - still prefer a combination of LNM & Simbrief routes....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

23 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I only use World Map to find out which runways apply to Departure and Arrival in live weather, then I create my flight plan in the cockpit with Navigraph charts.

I wasn't aware that you could do this. Could you please explain how?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Another quick way to make a flight plan is using LittleNavMap.

If you are not just a pilot interested in taking off and landing, but also a tourist wanting to take in the scenery and atmosphere, you can add text to any leg. Paragraphs of text if you want. Anything you want to remind yourself when you reach that point. In other words something like a 'bush trip' only without the limitations of an official bush trip. Just a flight plan.

LilNavMap is very quick and easy. A youtube video or two will demonstrate the basic procedures, all done on a map with mouse clicks. And for any added text also a keyboard.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 8/21/2020 at 2:59 PM, captain420 said:

I notice that the cruise altitude defaults to FL120 if you don't define it yourself after the plan has been automatically imported into the FMS/MCDU. 

I'm  not in front of in right now, but there is a way to specify your altitude when creating the plan.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

A good topic, its a nice flight planner. Anyway I wanted to ask - is it possible to add enroute way points using the MSFS planner?

So we make a plan:

A ----> B

Now I want to make it:

A --->waypoint--->waypoint--->waypoint----> B

Does MSFS let us drag the course line around to make our own waypoints like in LittleNavMap?

Edited by ThrottleUp

You can't "drag the course line" around, but you can add waypoints.

First, make sure the appropriate navaids are enabled in the filter (they are off by default every time you start MSFS. There is a mod to save the filters: https://flightsim.to/file/12722/saved-worldmap-filters).

Now just right click (or is it left click? Can't remember right now...) on the waypoint of your choice and select "Add".

Be aware that it can do funky things depending on the order that you add the waypoints.

...jim

Edited by JimBrown

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

On 8/21/2020 at 2:03 PM, d.tsakiris said:

No offense, but I hope they don't 😉

Your not obligated to use this great feature.

On 8/21/2020 at 2:11 PM, SimonC said:

I think he fears to miss that realism of doing it yourself like IRL.

I consider it more of a hassle.  This is about flying the plane!!!  

11 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Personally I would much prefer any FMS / GPS etc initialises blank, but then have the option to import the current MSFS Flight Plan (or even a saved plan) or input one manually. Have never been keen on ones that fire up with the plan already there, then again I'm not massively keen on the MS flight planner either - still prefer a combination of LNM & Simbrief routes....

G

So then you launch at the gate without a flight plan.  You can always choose to manually enter a flight plan with or out the flight planner but after market planes have not been made to be compatible with the MS flight planner for some stupid reason.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, captain420 said:

I wasn't aware that you could do this. Could you please explain how?

I make a simple GPS route with departure and arrival airport in world map and write down the runways the game give me, then I create my flight plan with navigraph charts and put it in in the flight deck avionics.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Oooo, did somebody for get to check the expiration date on this post before they served it back up? This one smells a little funny 😄 

Chris