Sign in to follow this  
captain420

The built-in flight planner in MSFS is amazing!

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I made this post close to 2.5 years ago and am using Simbrief, Navigraph, and Pro ATC SR for flight planning and ATC.

Not long to go. You're almost there!

I use Pilot2ATC so need a bit longer.

14 hours ago, GentleGroove said:
  • select the gate (via drop down or clicking on the position) and load the flight

This last step might be a little misleading, as the Departure will still show a runway, but the aircraft will load on the selected gate. You can confirm this will happen as the selected gate will also be highlighted in green in the map.

Interesting ... picking a parking spot in the MSFS planner used to mess massively with the existing FP. Good to know it has improved, thanks, I've gotta try that again. 

3 hours ago, Haddock69 said:

Interesting ... picking a parking spot in the MSFS planner used to mess massively with the existing FP. Good to know it has improved, thanks, I've gotta try that again. 

I tried this out, and, indeed, it will load at the parking spot even though it shows "runway" in the dropdown menu. Not sure whether this is a more recent fix, or whether I've been to obtuse to figure this out. Probaby the latter.

At any rate, I hardly use the inbuilt flight planner anymore, as I'm using Pro ATC SR together with Simbrief and Navigraph.

On 1/2/2023 at 11:21 PM, Haddock69 said:

Here's what I do with the A310, be it "faffing around" or not 🙂I'm a noob at jetliners, the A310 is my first one, so if anyone has a better "sim-flow" suggestion, I'm all ears.

- Do my FP in Simbrief (if I really want a custom one, I try stuff around in LNM, it's more user-friendly, but I end up generating it in Simbrief).

- In LNM, import FP from Simbrief (first menu, one click), right-click on the parking / gate I want, "select as starting point". Then "Save As FLN" to the MSFS flight plan directory.

- In the MSFS planner, check plane/livery, hit space twice and load the FLN, check / set weather and time, "Fly".

- In the A310 MCDU, "Simbrief import".

Now the ATC (should you want to use it) has the flight plan, you start cold and dark at the parking, and the EFB + MCDU work is half done. Only STARs, fuel/pax/weight stuff to do (manual copy from the Simbrief flight plan) ; the SIDs/approaches can do done while cruising.

Haddock

Thanks! It sounds like Little Nav Map is probably doing the fix that I noted in my earlier post to add in the gate. Unfortunately I don't use it 😛

On 1/2/2023 at 6:07 PM, GentleGroove said:

I don't understand the "workarounds" mentioned here to get the aircraft to load at gate. Here is my current flow (with Simbrief-created flight plans):

• load the plan inside the MSFS World Map menu
  • select the approach at destination airport
  • verify the SID / STAR are correct
  • select the gate (via drop down or clicking on the position) and load the flight

This last step might be a little misleading, as the Departure will still show a runway, but the aircraft will load on the selected gate. You can confirm this will happen as the selected gate will also be highlighted in green in the map.

Thank you for pointing this out. Didn't know Asobo changed its flight planner to allow loading a Simbrief fltpln at a gate/parking spot.  

• Like 1