Sign in to follow this  
tronied

Real-time aircraft?

Anyone else noticing that real-time traffic isn't working? So I've got the setting enabled at Heathrow which according to FlightRadar24 is quite busy at the moment with multiple aircraft on the ground and in the air. All I'm seeing is one aircraft and according to FlightRadar it's not even a real one! There are lots of stock aircraft at gates, but they're just for display. I've tried it multiple times but am still seeing nothing. Is anyone else having this problem?

y4mNTiYzzwHfbru30g0aO5ijCtuTcV5oDrE0laPJ

Edited by tronied

I saw a few here and there at KMIA a couple nights ago, but only a small percentage of the traffic actually showed up. one of the planes was an IFL 727 (727 in real life, but an a330/767 hybrid model in the sim. I really hope we can get a large number of models and liveries for AI in the sim). my biggest disappointment in this simulator is the lack of any improvement with the ATC and ai traffic. its 2020 and we are still dealing with the same problems we dealt with since fs9 17 years ago.

Edited by simsuper80

Marco D'Agostino

I've seen real air traffic, but it seemed to be delayed compared to flight radar, probably about 5 minutes behind.  If they actually used flight radar data then they probably would have gotten better results.

When in the air I see neither real time nor AI traffic, though ATC does warn me about nearby traffic!

1 hour ago, Andy675 said:

When in the air I see neither real time nor AI traffic, though ATC does warn me about nearby traffic!

traffic in the air is very hard to spot.

I've seen several AI aircraft, but I've not tried to see if they correspond to real traffic. Not sure how to properly identify an AI appearing in the sim.

I also here a lot of crazy talk coming from ATC, like an AI aircraft is 14000 feet above assigned level!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I kind of like a reduced real flight traffic. It gives me real flights but doesnt kill my FPS. I like seeing a few but sometimes the callsigns are laughable (generic 343 cleared to land! )

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

Not sure how to properly identify an AI appearing in the sim.

There's an option for showing nameplates on other traffic, I believe.    I think that will let you know what's AI and what's another player.

Yup, in fact I show it on my review of the sim (see below). If you FFWD to 44 mins in on the video, you will see me examine vlg8748 (a vueling Airbus A320 on finals for EGCC), which coincidentally is (up until I got made redundant the other day lol) an aircraft I would work on when on shift. This was a real flight going into Manchester. I also look at some player aircraft. So it definitely works, you can see right there on that video.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Maybe UT Live from Flight1 will develop? Wonder if anyone can entice the guy who did Radar Contact v4 to code for the game?

Implemented ATC seems banal!

Only time (years) will tell.

• Like 1

Today, while sitting on the tarmac at KSFO, ATC cleared a United flight for landing. I watched it touch down then quickly went over to flight aware and that flight had landed 8 minutes earlier in RL. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

There has been a delay on flightaware or any other flight tracking. Security reasons I reckon.

3 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Today, while sitting on the tarmac at KSFO, ATC cleared a United flight for landing. I watched it touch down then quickly went over to flight aware and that flight had landed 8 minutes earlier in RL. 

That isn't that bad, sometimes they can be up to 45 minutes behind what happened in real life.

I've done quite a bit of testing today in the London area to test a few theories. Some complaints i've seen on other forums and comments on Youtube have been about people spawning at an airport to just watch planes and saying hardly anything is turning up, if anything at all. I've observed similar spawning at Heathrow for that purpose, sometimes nothing and sometimes very little even after 30 minutes.

I had noticed on previous flights that the longer into the flight I went, more traffic seemed to appear so I decided to do short flight from London City to Stansted before flying over to Heathrow. By the time i'd arrived at Stansted there were easily 14-15 flights around the London area with several dropping in and out over the Heathrow direction.

So my experience so far is that having a bit of a fly around somehow seems to produce more traffic than just waiting stationary at a location.

8 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

There has been a delay on flightaware or any other flight tracking. Security reasons I reckon.

This delay actually is a good idea. I don't what to see people practicing whatever action on real flight in real time in MSFS.  

Edited by FlyIce
  • Like 1

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11