Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Flightplan = Stuttering

Good evening,

I remember this was a topic befor but couldn't find it. So i'll start a new one.

MSFS has a great performance on my Machine and its quite enjoyable for me. I Just started to do the first IFR flight and what happened is that the sim gets vers jiggery and suttery as soon as i  use a longer flightplan. I just finished a flight from western France to northern Germany and i got quite bad stuttering as soon as i was airborne. I then deleted the whole Flightplan while at cruise altitude and the performance was back to normal. Manually entering the FP again it took only a few moments and the Stutters were there again.

Am i the only one experiencing this?

Best regards,

Tom

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Same behavior in the alpha/beta. It's on the "fix" list.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Not happening to me, but a strange bug indeed

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Yep, it's a known bug and has been for quite some time.  It's more noticeable in the airliners for me.  Very annoying and don't see how they didn't fix this before release

• Like 2

Mark Javornik

Ah well! Good to know! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Hey maybe that what i experienced today ! I got quite good performance in GA planes in any area even New York. But when i flew the A320 today with a fltplan i had absolutely horrible experience even at FL380 over water all around.

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

Disabling the rolling cache (32 GB) solved that problem for me.

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

Welcome to the club then 😉

• Like 1

Just now, ThomseN_inc said:

Welcome to the club then 😉

LOL no thank you ill stay in the low and slow GA club for now. Its quite sad its there since Alpha/Beta, makes me think maybe they cant fix it ? 

Roi Ben

Thanks for this thread. It saved me a lot of time troubleshooting.

I was just wondering why I suddenly get stutters after three days of completely stutter free experience. It was indeed my first flight with a flightplan today.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Hey maybe that what i experienced today ! I got quite good performance in GA planes in any area even New York. But when i flew the A320 today with a fltplan i had absolutely horrible experience even at FL380 over water all around.

Yeah, my flight in the A320 with a flightplan was very stuttery compared with a free flight.

Could always just use the 'ol compass!

I cant believe such things were missed during alpha/beta. Its enough that the A320 handling is horrible but this....

Roi Ben

7 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I cant believe such things were missed during alpha/beta

it wasn't. several threads in the test forum highlighted it.

but Asobo had bigger issues to remedy, I guess.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

So at what length (how many waypoints) does this become an issue? I have stutters, but basically only on the ground. None during cruise. I try to use short plans, day 5 waypoints, maybe a few more when using SID/STAR.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I am only facing stuttering in the bush flight missions.

If i set a VFR flight plan of my own using world map, i do not experience any stutters.