Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Joystick guidance/suggestions

Recommended Posts

Looking to buy a new joystick. Suggestions from those having good luck with the setup and descent flight control?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VKB Gladiator. Amazingly precise stick.


FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm planning on the Thrustmaster TCA They will be coming out with the Throttle in September and a little later with the add-on flap and speed break, landing gear controls.   But I do mostly jetliner flying.  I also like that it is in a reasonable price range.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by JWxTreme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Slides said:

VKB Gladiator. Amazingly precise stick.

I second anything from VKB. I use a VKB Gladiator MKII (no longer available) with an MCG (Modern Combat Grip) and it's the best joystick I have ever owned (and I've owned A LOT of them from all manufacturers). Well worth the price.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/

Edited by pmanhart
  • Upvote 1

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:
 

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Doering said:

Looking to buy a new joystick. Suggestions from those having good luck with the setup and descent flight control?

I've been using the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Flight Stick for years alongside my yoke and I love it. It is really heavy and stable, and has remained very precise over the years. It's pricey though... I couldn't bear to fly stick controlled planes with a yoke or vice versa. Ahh, the things we choose to care about, lol.


5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pmanhart said:

I second anything from VKB. I use a VKB Gladiator MKII (no longer available) with an MCG (Modern Combat Grip) and it's the best joystick I have ever owned (and I've owned A LOT of them from all manufacturers). Well worth the price.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/

I had no idea that type of precision was possible until I got the Gladiator K.


FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

I've been using the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Flight Stick for years alongside my yoke and I love it. It is really heavy and stable, and has remained very precise over the years. It's pricey though... I couldn't bear to fly stick controlled planes with a yoke or vice versa. Ahh, the things we choose to care about, lol.

Get a Virpil base for your Warthog. I've heard it's an improvement.


FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest SeanMo

Since hardly anything is in stock in the US right now, might I suggest the venerable Logitech Extreme 3D Pro? Amazon has them at the moment and for less that what they are going for used on eBay.

Here's a review using it with MSFS...

 

Edited by SeanMo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to hijack the topic, but it might be relevant to OP: I'm new to simming, got myself a Thrustmaster t16000m.  Wondering if it really IS entry level hardware - seems to work excellent.  Not sure what more can be expected from a plastic joystick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys! Managed to get my hands on a Thrustmaster T16000M and it is performing well! Plugged it in, sim recognized it. No issues and up we when in the 172 from my home airport. Fantastic.

PS Will look into your suggestions further when they are in stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...