Way Beyond Frustrated

First my computer specs:

Intel Core i7 7700 @3.60 GHz

Graphics Card - 2047 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060

48GB RAM

34" LG 60Hz Monitor (2580x1080)

Spectrum Internet 400 MBPS

Toshiba 4TB external Hard Drive

After gettting MSFS 2020 set up, it recommended "High End" settings.  My first 3-4 flights went great.  Then it started stuttering.  Stuttering continued to get worse.  I cut back on all of the settings.  Stuttering contnued to get worse.  Now no matter what airplane, or airport I go to MSFS 2020 is totally unusable.  I'm sitting in the Cessna 172 at Honolulu, as I just sit there the stuttering is so bad the engine litterally quits and starts back up again.  Just for the heck of it, I go ahead and roll down the runway it takes 6000 feet of runway to get to 65 knots.  I rotate and an immediate stall because of the stuttering.  Don't understand how this can be with the computer that I have, and how it continues to get progressively worse as time goes on.  Yeah, the graphics are incredible, but so what it you can't get in the air to enjoy them.  I'm not going to start chasing different computer settings to fix this.  There is absolutely no reason for this, with the computer that I have and how well the first several flights went.  The only thing I have running in conjuction with the sim is TrackIR v5. I have turned off the cach setting.   I have disabled Malwarebytes in the task manager prior to starting the sim.  Anyone have any suggestions??  Thanks.

Are you flying with vPilot on (or any other application that uses SimConnect for that matter)? There is currently a bug that causes massive FPS and stability issues when using SimConnect apps.

If not, try disabling rolling cache and see if that fixes your issue.

Edited by FlyingInACessna

And do you have the latest nvidia drivers and if so perhaps roll them back to the previous version.

• Like 1

The latest Nvidia drivers actually mention MSFS in the release notes. It's the primary reason for their release. That said I have an RTX 2600 albeit on a somewhat faster PC and MSFS worked fine both before and after I installed the updated drivers. But I was running what had been the latest drivers before this most recent update.

19 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Are you flying with vPilot on (or any other application that uses SimConnect for that matter)? There is currently a bug that causes massive FPS and stability issues when using SimConnect apps.

If not, try disabling rolling cache and see if that fixes your issue.

I did disable rolling cache, and it didn't help.

14 minutes ago, SeanMo said:

The latest Nvidia drivers actually mention MSFS in the release notes. It's the primary reason for their release. That said I have an RTX 2600 albeit on a somewhat faster PC and MSFS worked fine both before and after I installed the updated drivers. But I was running what had been the latest drivers before this most recent update.

I updated the Nvidia drivers prior to installing MSFS 2020.  I just tried rolling it back and it did not work.

Which Windows version? Antivirus in the background? Turn Game mode on. Turns Hardware Scheduling on if latest Windows version.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 minute ago, Slides said:

Which Windows version? Antivirus in the background? Turn Game mode on. Turns Hardware Scheduling on if latest Windows version.

Windows 10, always disable antivirus before bring up the sim.

18 minutes ago, SeanMo said:

Yes I know this but in all my years of owning a computer stupid things happen during installations that can cause very weird problems. Best to start with the easiest things first and work your way up.

25 minutes ago, C130FE said:

First my computer specs:

Intel Core i7 7700 @3.60 GHz

Graphics Card - 2047 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060

48GB RAM

34" LG 60Hz Monitor (2580x1080)

Spectrum Internet 400 MBPS

After gettting MSFS 2020 set up, it recommended "High End" settings.  My first 3-4 flights went great.  Then it started stuttering.  Stuttering continued to get worse.  I cut back on all of the settings.  Stuttering contnued to get worse.  Now no matter what airplane, or airport I go to MSFS 2020 is totally unusable.  I'm sitting in the Cessna 172 at Honolulu, as I just sit there the stuttering is so bad the engine litterally quits and starts back up again.  Just for the heck of it, I go ahead and roll down the runway it takes 6000 feet of runway to get to 65 knots.  I rotate and an immediate stall because of the stuttering.  Don't understand how this can be with the computer that I have, and how it continues to get progressively worse as time goes on.  Yeah, the graphics are incredible, but so what it you can't get in the air to enjoy them.  I'm not going to start chasing different computer settings to fix this.  There is absolutely no reason for this, with the computer that I have and how well the first several flights went.  The only thing I have running in conjuction with the sim is TrackIR v5. I have turned off the cach setting.   I have disabled Malwarebytes in the task manager prior to starting the sim.  Anyone have any suggestions??  Thanks.

I have the same cpu, I7 7700 with only 12gb ram and an nvidia gtx 1060 6gb card...So far I’m getting really good performance, although I haven’t got to use the sim too often, 3times since it’s been released...as someone mentioned above sim connect causes issues

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 minute ago, C130FE said:

Windows 10, always disable antivirus before bring up the sim.

I use webroot and have never had to do this. Do t relish leaving my computer unprotected.

1 minute ago, SceneryFX said:

Possibly the drive, need SSD maybe...

Worked perfectly the first 3-4 times I ran it.

Hello, I have the same GPU and have no problems. That being said, after I manually cached certain regions I noticed a degradation in performance. After deleting those regions the problem went away. 

30 minutes ago, C130FE said:

Is this where you have installed the sim?  I had to disable AI Traffic, weather Photogrammetry and pre-load cache and change to all medium settings before I could get all the stuttering out.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy