Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adverse Yawn

Recognition Lights in Cruise

Guest enave

I appreciate all the help. I always learn a lot from these discussions - but now I'm starting to get a little bit confused. Maybe I should just tell you what I'm doing. I'm trying to make my own checklists for a beechjet. The checklist that I got from Eaglesoft isn't that good (the aircraft is great though in my opinion). The beechjet has seven sets of exterior lights; landing lights, nav lights, anti-collision strobes, rotating beacon, tail flood light, wing inspection lights, and recognition lights.I thought I was pretty much straight on when everything was used, but now people are telling me that recognition lights should be used when landing lights are used and that has me confused. On the beechjet overhead panel, it specifically says, "Do NOT Use on Ground" right above the recog light switch. So, when should I use it?Here's what I have right now on the checklists:Electrictal Start Checklist:Navigation Lights onBefore Engine Start Checklist:Anti-Collision Lights OnBeacon Light On (I know that the beacon comes on before engine start. I'm not so sure about the A/C lights)Before Taxi Checklist:tail flood lights on (not actually working but still in the checklist)wing inspection onBefore Takeoff:landing lights onrecognition lights onClimb out:landing lights offtail/ wing inspection offbeacon as desired (off in clouds)Approach:landing lights ontail/wing inspection onAfter landing:landing lights offrecognition lights offPlease feel free to to offer any comments or corrections. I welcome it all.

It's not that hard, really. Unfortunately, this is the internet and people read too much or too little into anything that is written.When you power up your Beechjet.Nav lights always on.Logo lights also if at night.Before starting your engines.Rotating red beacon on.TaxiFlash taxi lights to marshallers to indicate ready for taxiTaxi light on or off to indicate movement intention.Taking the runwayTaxi light onWing inspection lights onCleared for takeoffLanding lights onStrobe lights onRecognition lights on (if you have them)All your lights should be on now.After takeoffTaxi light offClimbing through 18000Landing light offWing inspection light offRecognition light offLogo light off if they were onDescending through 18000Landing light onRecognition light onWing inspection light onLogo light on if at nightBefore landingTaxi light onThat should be all of your lights.Exiting runwayLanding light offStrobe light offWing inspection lights offRecognition lights offTaxiTaxi light on or off to signal your movement intentionsTurn them off as you park so that you don't blind the marshallersAfter engine shutdownBeacon offAll your have left again is nav lights and logo lights now.Certainly, different people will give you different ideas about this, such as whether the strobes should be on when taking the runway, or when to turn off the landing lights during departure, etc. But it really doesn't matter, what I've listed is just how the airline I fly for wants us to do it. You can make changes to that to suit your own tastes, the only absolute is that the beacon has to be on when the engine is running and the nav lights have to be on at night. Everything else is really your preference, with the goal of making yourself as visibile as possible to other people without annoying people nearby.

>>I thought I was pretty much straight on when everything was>used, but now people are telling me that recognition lights>should be used when landing lights are used and that has me>confused. On the beechjet overhead panel, it specifically>says, "Do NOT Use on Ground" right above the recog light>switch. So, when should I use it?>It tells you not to use it on the ground to remind you not to taxi around with it on since it can be annoying to others around you. Just as you do not taxi around with landing lights on. You will blind people around you if you do that. It's like driving with you high beams on. Use only the taxi lights to see when taxiing. Recognition lights and landing lights are used when you are about to takeoff or land so that others can see you.

Guest enave

Thanks for the help.>Taxi>Flash taxi lights to marshallers to indicate ready for taxi>Taxi light on or off to indicate movement intention.I don't actually have taxi lights. You're talking about recognition lights - right? I just want to be clear.

>Thanks for the help.>>>Taxi>>Flash taxi lights to marshallers to indicate ready for taxi>>Taxi light on or off to indicate movement intention.>>I don't actually have taxi lights. You're talking about>recognition lights - right? I just want to be clear.No. Taxi lights and recognition lights are different things. Taxi lights are headlamp like lights similar to landing lights but less powerful, projects a beam on the ground close to the aircraft and meant to be used on the ground to see during taxi operations. Recognition are headlamp like lights similar to landing lights but often mounted on the wings, almost as powerful, and projects a beam straight ahead to increase the aircraft's conspicuity.

This isnt just small GA Im talking about, but big iron! I saw a few on approach with no landing lights. Then one with no strobes.

Guest Adverse Yawn

Yup. Brain #### here.