I still want this, although the Wife said no after buying the Warthog Hotas - will have to go under the radar me thinks.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

I'm interested in getting the Yoke and the Bravo Throttle Quadrant. But will this setup be realistic with flying planes like the Cessna 172/182/152 where there is a pullout for the throttle and mixtures? How will it emulate that?

Also can you use this setup to fly planes that have fly-by-wire like the Airbus? I would hate to purchase a stick just for that. Too many devices. I want to keep my setup as simple as possible. What I love about the Bravo is that you can customize it to your plane. That is awesome.

Does anyone know when and where I can purchase the Honeycomb Yoke while I wait for pre-orders to begin for the Throttle Quadrant?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Dang Im going broke here 4,000$ on new build and now this - also I was thinking about thrustmaster airbus components coming out - have to rethink my plan - rave reviews from you guys

Rich Sennett

37 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I'm interested in getting the Yoke and the Bravo Throttle Quadrant. But will this setup be realistic with flying planes like the Cessna 172/182/152 where there is a pullout for the throttle and mixtures? How will it emulate that?

Also can you use this setup to fly planes that have fly-by-wire like the Airbus? I would hate to purchase a stick just for that. Too many devices. I want to keep my setup as simple as possible. What I love about the Bravo is that you can customize it to your plane. That is awesome.

Does anyone know when and where I can purchase the Honeycomb Yoke while I wait for pre-orders to begin for the Throttle Quadrant?

Out of stock everywhere and ebay are hammering you - have to wait I guess 

Rich Sennett

That said I would order them right from honeycomb site - prob your best bet money wise anyway 

Rich Sennett

On this topic, anyone have experience with the Honeycomb Alpha & if it has detents / stickiness? My Saitek yoke sticks and even though I’ve done a rubber band mod, it’s horrible when flying with one hand. 

51 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Keep an eye on their site. They expect some more to come available this week. I got lucky and purchased the yoke today while it became available again. 

• Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

4 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

On this topic, anyone have experience with the Honeycomb Alpha & if it has detents / stickiness? My Saitek yoke sticks and even though I’ve done a rubber band mod, it’s horrible when flying with one hand. 

Youtube has some good review videos. I don't have it yet but no detents from the video reviews. 

Edited by pvupilot
  • Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

16 hours ago, Agrajag said:

Before you try to fly, there's a minor bug with the Alpha yoke. The default bindings have four odd extra bindings for magnetos that you need to remove for the Headingr bug to work right. These are assigned to buttons 31 through 34. The problem is, there are no such buttons. More strange is that this somehow causes the Heading bug to move 10 steps at a time instead of 1. Why? Who the heck knows, but it's easy enough to fix. Go into Controls, select the yoke, search for each entry and delete them. Save and you're done.

Just had a quick look at the bindings and 31 through 34 are set to the magneto switch, so if I remove those the magneto selector on the yoke unit will no longer work?

When possible I will order one ASAP, I have the yoke, upgraded from Logitech.
I can never go back.

• Like 1

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

5 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Dang Im going broke here 4,000$ on new build and now this - also I was thinking about thrustmaster airbus components coming out - have to rethink my plan - rave reviews from you guys

$4K? You sure you didn't build a nuclear reactor instead?

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

From the combat sim world, VKB and Virpil are the flight sticks of choice for many. Worth checking out if you don't want a yoke. Really high quality stuff. My VKB joystick is the most precise stick I have ever owned. 

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

6 hours ago, Slides said:

$4K? You sure you didn't build a nuclear reactor instead?

You will see hang in there 🙂

Rich Sennett

12 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

On this topic, anyone have experience with the Honeycomb Alpha & if it has detents / stickiness?

No detents and no stickiness; and it's a design feature so it will not degrade over time.

• Like 1

@DaveCT2003 I look forward to your review of the Bravo Throttle Quadrant. Question...will this be a written review or video review? 

Anyways, I saw the announcement of the Thrust Master TCA Airbus product and as cool as that product looks, it was not exactly what I was looking for. As a fan of flight sticks over yokes, the Airbus Flight stick is great but I wanted a throttle quadrant that was more versatile. 

I am an airliner kind of simmer also but with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator, I would love to mix things up and do more GA flying. When I found the Honeycomb Aeronautical product, I was hooked. And at that price range, it is an absolute must have for my needs. I love that this product has reverse thrust, trim wheel, landing gear, and so much more. Airbus or Boeing, Cessna or Beechcraft...this product looks very promising at a VERY reasonable price. 

Every review I have seen regarding the Alpha Yoke has been very good, I am not sure yet but seriously considering trying a yoke. I am torn but the Bravo is 100% going to be a part of my flight sim experience. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg