On 1/7/2021 at 10:30 AM, James Callan said:

Did you install the MSFS driver available on the Aerosoft or Honeycomb sites (same driver)? Activates LED's.  Once done, check out Rmag's Youtube video about getting the IAS LED to work properly.  All good solutions until Asobo/MS incorporate proper drivers for the TQ.

Hello, I try to install that driver, but got error.

Missing usercfg.opt. That installer try to find that users\admin... but my installed msfs is another user, not admin. Any help?

And msfs is steam version.

thx. juha

Hi all

I was interested in people's opinions on the smoothness of their levers.

I was lucky enough to get two of these throttle quadrants, after both of my pre-orders came through at the same time.  I would have returned the second except the first had a problem where one of the commercial levers had an issue with a spring so instead I intended to return that one.

The second's (direct from Honeycomb) levers seem to be perfect, however the actual movement of them just doesn't feel as silky smooth as the first.  It's not unusuable at all but compared to the first it feels a little jittery, particularly the far right lever.  However, it's detents seem more pronounced than the first which I prefer.

Is there a recommended lubricant or some such  that anyone has used that can be used to smoothen it out a bit?  It would be perfect otherwise.

Also the second has additional red  markings next to the first and last levers which wasn't present on the first.  I'm not sure which is a newer revision, I suspect the second as that was direct from Honeycomb.

Just an update to the above, Honeycomb got back to me and advised not to use any sort of lubricant on the levers.  They offered to return/replace the quadrant but as it happens it has loosened up the more it's been used.

Well, Amazon have done it again! The order I placed on October 25th 2020 has just been cancelled!:

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

"Bravo Throttle Quadrant - Honeycomb Aeronautical PC"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. 

It's that last sentence which is particularly grating as it's simply not true, and they used it when my order for the Thrustmaster Officer Pack was delayed for moths as well. I eventually got that from Box.com and I don't think I'll be trusting Amazon with another hard-to-get flight sim hardware order in future. They charged me for the Honeycomb back in February, so they've earned a nice little bit of interest from me too.😠 The law should require companies to pay the interest earned on retailer-cancelled orders in addition to the refund IMO.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 5/15/2021 at 2:25 PM, 109Sqn said:

Well, Amazon have done it again! The order I placed on October 25th 2020 has just been cancelled!:

It's that last sentence which is particularly grating as it's simply not true, and they used it when my order for the Thrustmaster Officer Pack was delayed for moths as well. I eventually got that from Box.com and I don't think I'll be trusting Amazon with another hard-to-get flight sim hardware order in future. They charged me for the Honeycomb back in February, so they've earned a nice little bit of interest from me too.😠 The law should require companies to pay the interest earned on retailer-cancelled orders in addition to the refund IMO.

Aerosoft is stating that because of the semi-conductor supply issues, Honeycomb are ceasing production for now, which is concerning because I'm waiting for my Bravo throttle, luckily I have other throttles I can use for now.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Figured as much.  I got my Alpha right away (3 weeks ago) from Sporty's Pilot Shop.  Ordered Bravo at same time and they have not charged for Bravo as it is on B.O. till 'who knows when'.

Rgds,

Walter

Same here. Cancelled order from Amazon. Bugger. 

Mind you I'm still waiting on a lot of bits before I can fly my sim again.  Renewed my licence in the big Sim at work and boy am I rusty! Lucky to scrape it.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

On 1/23/2021 at 3:38 PM, gaab said:

I Dave,

Could you forward my suggestion to give us the possibility to buy additionnal "GA" throttle levers ?

For a lot of vintage 4 piston engines "airliner" : Constellation, DC4, DC 6 to name the most known payware, it make sense to use 4 axis for throttle, and only 1 for propeller and 1 for mixture.

I asked Honeycomb support (because I had a commercial lever issue) and never got any answer 😞 - not fair !

Fortunatly, Aerosoft was much more reactive and solve efficiently my issue (sent me a new lever) - hats off to them. 😊

And they informed me that it was not possible to buy extra levers box 😞

So, as "Honeycomb/Aerosoft (Advisor)", could you forward my request ?

Thanks

Regards - Gérard

I noticed that on the Honeycomb website, additional levers are available. A single throttle lever will costs $9.99. With the DC6 coming soon that's a nice to have.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

5 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

I noticed that on the Honeycomb website, additional levers are available. A single throttle lever will costs $9.99. With the DC6 coming soon that's a nice to have.

Thank you for the head up.

I saw that, but as European customer, we will have to wait until 3d quarter...

Honeycomb is not sending directly to european customers. 😞

Gérard

Hi

Got my Honeycomb throttle quadrant today. Still waiting for the Yoke.

I tried to configure the throttle quadrant for my favourite plane the TBM930 but couldn't get any of the exterior lights to work with the buttons at all.

All I got working was taxi and landing lights and panel lights, no other light button seemed to work even I tried different combinations for the Pulse, NAV and Strobe lights. I could only activate them with mouse button 😞

Anyone else have this problem with the TBM930 and the Honeycomb throttle quadrant ?

49 minutes ago, Concorde79 said:

I need a TBM930 profile for FS2020.

You have profiles and tutorial on Aerosoft for all sims.

Just take a look - you may find similar profiles.

Anyone that has had an order in with Sporty's have any updates? I put my order in back in February and my initial ship date was estimated to be June 26, but I am suspecting that I will be blowing by that date. Curious if anyone else on the waiting list has gotten any word one way or the other.

Tyson Rose

Are these people running a scam?  I mean they keep advertising their products, throwing out random dates for shipment, provide a colorful update every few months.

But when folks come knocking, there is no answer.  Typical fraud.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home