Sign in to follow this  
BrettT

MSFS 2020 - Let me know when it has VR support

My son had xbox game pass so I was able to download it for free.  It looks nice but I lost interest in about 10 minutes using it in 2D.  Then for kicks i fired up p3dv5 in 2D and same lack of interest.  They both look pretty good.   It is just not the same without VR...cant go back...lol

In fairness, the title looks like it has a good bit of potential.  The interface took a bit to get used to, found the control interface a bit clumsy but that could be a familiarity thing too.  The lighting is very well done.  Something to look forward to

i playd first time VR in 1995. hawent lookt at 2D after that!lol around 100.000 usd VR machine!

Edited by hrflikk

Serious question: can someone explain to me how they sim with a VR headset? I am seriously thinking of investing in one, but I just don't understand the logistics of it: flight simmers have to press lots of keys on their keyboards and buttons on their yokes/joysticks. How do you make sure you are pressing the right key/button when you only see the sim through the headset? Or do you just rely on using the mouse to click on the VC buttons?

47 minutes ago, Turpentine said:

Serious question: can someone explain to me how they sim with a VR headset? I am seriously thinking of investing in one, but I just don't understand the logistics of it: flight simmers have to press lots of keys on their keyboards and buttons on their yokes/joysticks. How do you make sure you are pressing the right key/button when you only see the sim through the headset? Or do you just rely on using the mouse to click on the VC buttons?

in Xplane 11 its easy, because you have controller support, so your hands are basicly in the cockpit to reach every switch and buttons. We dont know yet how Asobo will do it, but im almost sure they will add controller support. So if you have controller support, you dont need to use the keyboard or the mouse.

• Upvote 1

You just use the mouse in the VR cockpit. Works great in DCS. And there are lots of buttons and wheels on my flightstick and throttle. That also helps.

I'm trying to get this ready for the launch of MSFS in VR. At present I only fly in Aerofly FS2 which has great VR, so the "starter kit" is built around the FS2's DR400. I'll need to rejig things a bit for the MSFS configuration of the Robin. Also working on a Spitfire MkIX kit in conjunction with a team who are making the MkIX for MSFS.

http://authentikit.org/

If you want to see video of it in action go to the FS2 forum.

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Will support for Rift S be coming?  Anyone know?

spacer.png

On 9/8/2020 at 2:31 PM, Boomer said:

Will support for Rift S be coming?  Anyone know?

According to the official announcements, VR will initially support only WMR headsets, but support for other VR platforms will come at a later date. It should be pretty safe to assume that Oculus will be among those platforms.

Absolute joke that VR support for all headsets were not available on initial release. Almost as big a joke that’s there’s zero rotary aircraft to fly. Absolute insanity. 

Keith Sandford.

Yeah I hear you dude. It's like completely mind-blowingly insane that Rome wasn't built in a day. Like how crazy is that?

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 10:48 PM, JacquesBrel said:

Yeah I hear you dude. It's like completely mind-blowingly insane that Rome wasn't built in a day. Like how crazy is that?

If the Romans had built FS2020 they would’ve had VR support out of the box. And a f@#@##@ helicopter. 

Keith Sandford.

If the Romans had built MFS it would be mass entertainment military air combat arcarde game with most of the development being focused on having lots of cool explosions.

Edited by JacquesBrel

On 9/26/2020 at 2:25 AM, slip-stream said:

If the Romans had built FS2020 they would’ve had VR support out of the box. And a f@#@##@ helicopter. 

Sounds like you might have bought the wrong sim.  Or at least bought it too soon.  But I'm sure the news gets even worse, while I'm fairly certain choppers are coming, I don't think they're going to be free.  Sorry.  But, hey, I could be wrong about that!