Sign in to follow this  
Aceman2020

I have been trying to enjoy msfs2020

I have been lucky enough to have access to the new HP Reverb headset and it has totally changed how I sim, flying PMDG in high definition VR in P3D. it really is a gamechanger (sim changer?) 

So I am currently retraining myself to use a monitor again in FS2020, but I have patience and know that the VR support is down the road as are the high def airliners. So, for now, I am just enjoying flying around in VFR and just lapping up the gorgeous scenery. I cant imagine how much that would have cost us to kit out the entire planet with that level of scenery detail in the older sims!

PS Good to see you Alan, havent seen you in so long! You are quite right now we are getting there with quality, its all down to price!

• Like 1

- Jane Whittaker

16 minutes ago, michaelray said:

Resolution & sweet spot size, maybe the HP Reverb G2 will cause me to make the jump

Check out this video of the G2

For the nonVR guys...this is just by placing a camera in the headset...when it is fitted tightly on your head it will be totally focussed...and all the knobs, buttons, and levers work by just reaching in and twisting, pressing or pulling them. You really can't beat the flying experience in VR...maybe real world flying but I have just as much fun without the cost of a plane...gas...hanger fees.. inherent risk...and I can fly any plane anytime in any weather anywhere in the world. 🙂

Edited by Aceman2020

I enjoy both flights in VR and at the monitor.

In DCS and IL2 I only fly in VR. But when I do not want to wear the headset I am grateful for options like MSFS 2020 in 2D. I wonder if I will continue to fly in 4k 2D when VR will be available in MSFS.

On 9/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, cyclone1 said:

Nice video but is it just me or am I still seeing some blur? 

I'd love to get into VR. I tried it with the Rift a few years ago but the SDE was horrendous. The Reverb sounds good but the video above still shows a significant amount of blur to me. I'm not sure how I'd go from 4k on a 49" TV to that blur - not withstanding the sense of realism.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I too have the choice of MSFS2020 on a 40 inch monitor or Aerofly in VR.  VR is far more immersive, even if I have to lean in to read instruments.  The new EC135 helicopter is a dream to fly.  Apart from the feeling of immersion, one of the other advantages of VR is that you keep your sense of direction and orientation when you look around.  I'm looking forward to the VR implementation in in MSFS2020 and also the addition of helicopters.  No doubt, this will require a GPU upgrade.

On 9/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, cyclone1 said:

Nice video but is it just me or am I still seeing some blur? 

Yes because of the way it’s filmed but I have a Reverb Gen 1 and it’s not blurry, it’s friggin awesome, albeit on DCS. No other sim that I use as a descent refresh rate......yet

Edited by aidanlegras