Sign in to follow this  
Blat14

Tail Number and callsign saving?

Is it possible to get your call sign and tail number to save?

At the moment I have to go into the ATC menu at the start of every game and enter them again.

Seems a bit daft if they haven't implemented a save option

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blat14 said:

Is it possible to get your call sign and tail number to save?

At the moment I have to go into the ATC menu at the start of every game and enter them again.

Seems a bit daft if they haven't implemented a save option

not possible in-game, but you can edit the aircraft.cfg file in the folder for the aircraft and manually set them, it will load into the sim that way everytime

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

5 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

not possible in-game, but you can edit the aircraft.cfg file in the folder for the aircraft and manually set them, it will load into the sim that way everytime

Ok, thanks for reply. Seems a strange thing to leave out, I'm sure most people will want to personalise their number and callsign and not have to retype it everytime.

5 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

Cheers.

👍

Could you please let me know the parameters to save the tail number in the model.cfg file?    thank you

Windows 10 using the XBox pass

E:\flightsim update xboxpass\Community\liveries-c172-as1000\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C172sp_AS1000

I believe that the call sign & tail number will be saved if you save the flight after having made the change... will try it tonight.

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

Its good idea that sim will remember Always the last one used (with possibility to edit it also, even on save flight). I will open the topic about in MS Forum, you can vote it (I ll add link here).

BUT it could be a problem if skin use own numbers (so here maybe its a reason why this field is empty?).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

15 hours ago, Randy13 said:

Could you please let me know the parameters to save the tail number in the model.cfg file?    thank you

Windows 10 using the XBox pass

E:\flightsim update xboxpass\Community\liveries-c172-as1000\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C172sp_AS1000

Make a backup of your aircraft.cfg e.g. aircraft.cfg_original.

At the end of the file edit according to your needs:

atc_id = "N9GCH" ; tail number
atc_id_enable = 1 ; enable tail number
atc_airline = "NOVEMBER" ; airline name
atc_flight_number = "9GC" ; flight number

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

I tried this but it didn't work. What is the correct location for the aircraft.cfg. i am wondering if there is more than one because where i was looking the Longitude didnt even have an aircraft.cfg. 

The C172 did have one but as i say, changing it and saving it made no difference. I was still was called ASXGS by atc?

The only aircraft I have in my Community folder is the C152X. How to change callsigns of other aircraft?

On 9/24/2020 at 7:11 AM, Beagle12 said:

The only aircraft I have in my Community folder is the C152X. How to change callsigns of other aircraft?

I think perhaps the reason i have more in my community folder is because I have downloaded the liveries Megapack.

What would be nice is to see those registrations online. All you get now is a huge sticking plaster. Yes, I know, foolish, brainless nincompoops (why the shorter version of that is a 'word not allowed is a mystery) will think it clever to adorn their aircraft with 'Words definitely not allowed' Shame.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.