Sign in to follow this  
Tosp

newbie question about weather

12 minutes ago, kapitan said:

live weather working fine in Brazil

I think the OP might have weather settings as preset instead of live

Have you clicked the "Live" button in weather?

Yes, I've noticed it can switch over to preset without any intervention and therefore it's produced clear skies for me. A picture says more, obviously this screenshot currently shows preset and it needs moving over to live.

1440x900.png

1 hour ago, Tosp said:

Like, I just checked out an airport in southern Argentina, and according to google it's raining there right now. But in the simulator its perfectly clear sky.

Interesting, I landed in Rio Grande SAWE just minutes ago, and the weather was low clouds and rain.

Also cool to see others flying in Argentina, one of my favourite countries to fly in. Fascinating geography there.
Maybe I should switch on multiplayer after all.

Just now, Bunkers said:

Interesting, I landed in Rio Grande SAWE just minutes ago, and the weather was low clouds and rain.

Also cool to see others flying in Argentina, one of my favourite countries to fly in. Fascinating geography there.
Maybe I should switch on multiplayer after all.

I'd certainly recommend it providing it causes you no FPS issues. For the first day or so I had multiplayer disabled but i've had it on ever since, it's fascinating to see where people are flying and congregating, there are often so many! Granted there are some crazy pilots as well, but sensible quality flying is what i've seen for the most part.

19 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

I just had a quick look at the weather situation in the US and loaded up at an airfield east of San Antonio with live weather. It's certainly not clear!

Maybe it's just certain parts of the US that aren't getting coverage? Either way, it needs sorting out.

In the meantime come and join us over the pond, plenty of weather for you here!  😁

1440x900.png

Awesome! Just went there and I HAVE WEATHER! Maybe it was indeed an intermittent issue. But the winds are borked. Actual is 060/5. FS is showing.... wait for it... 226 at 3!

Also altimeter in sim is 29.92 while actual is 30.00. 

So clouds seem to work but no winds or barometric pressure. At least it LOOKS good 😉

• Like 1

Eddie
KABQ

Just now, haskell said:

Awesome! Just went there and I HAVE WEATHER! Maybe it was indeed an intermittent issue. But the winds are borked. Actual is 060/5. FS is showing.... wait for it... 226 at 3!

Also altimeter in sim is 29.92 while actual is 30.00. 

So clouds seem to work but no winds or barometric pressure. At least it LOOKS good 😉

One out of three is a start! 😄 Needs to be sorted though, certainly in your part of the world for sure.

I'm going to test over here again now, depart somewhere in southeest Ireland and head east to Wales, it's looking quite blowy.

• Like 1