Sign in to follow this  
kapitan

For Some Time - No More Glass Cockpits Please

Flying all the default planes which is all we can do, only the C152 and the 172 in the Premium edition with analogue  give me real satisfaction.

First because thats how i flown all my life. Second? because I dont think its fun to fly in Flight Simulator 4 (yes you read well: 4) style of cockpit.

The two gigantic MFDs occupy nearly the whole monitor, and its interior graphics are FS4 quality. So by staring at them all the time you are using FS4 hahah

If i had a real plane i would love those Garmins, because its REAL life, everything is real, in flightsim you turn around and you see your room, furniture, nothing is real, so at least in the monitor I wish something to please my eyes besides the scenery. In the cockpit, if you have a vintage Boeing from 1970s its much more pleasurable, the feeling of being there.

With Glass Cockpits I feel FS4

An advice to developpers from me/user:

"the sim is saturated with Glass, if you want to sell, go for a plane with analogue, if its a classic, even better"

• Like 14
  • Upvote 5

A glass cockpit Baron is just not right.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

If god intended us to fly, she'd have given us more money. 🤣

• Like 17
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I kinda feel the same, also why I got premium deluxe for those extra aircraft’s.
The old instrument 172 was important to me.
I do fly the Beech now with glass, and can enjoy it, but prefer old school in the long run.

The first plane I tried in MSFS20 was actually the old yellow piper.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I've always felt this way also. I always choose the 172 with steam gauges over the glass. But hey in the FS world I guess we are all stinking rich, you don't have to settle for the 152. 🤣

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 5

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

12 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

A glass cockpit Baron is just not right.

You know why they did it?

From a cockpit design perspective, Glass Cockpits are easier to make, just throw two big MFDs and the rest of design work is very little. So when I see a payware with Glass...I know (few hours went into it to make the cockpit)

Also in analogues the overall cabin frames require research and high photography

• Like 2

I love the modern all glass cockpit planes. Looks so clean and high tech! I don't care for the steam and analog gauges.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

It's exactly why I bought the super sexy version too. I wanted a proper 172 with steam gauges.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, kapitan said:

You know why they did it?

From a cockpit design perspective, Glass Cockpits are easier to make, just throw two big MFDs and the rest of design work is very little. So when I see a payware with Glass...I know (few hours went into it to make the cockpit)

Actually that's not true, glass cockpit is much more advanced. They have to get the avionics and technical side of it right. It's the side that you don't see.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I love the modern all glass cockpit planes. Looks so clean and high tech! I don't care for the steam and analog gauges.

I prefer analog because that is what I learned on in FS, and real world. But I think it's equally important to have both. 

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

1 minute ago, Chock said:

I wanted a proper 172 with steam gauges.

except the VOR dial doesn't seem to work proper, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Just now, reignman40 said:

I prefer analog because that is what I learned on in FS, and real world.

To each their own.

• Like 2

I think it’s great that we have the possibility to flight both.
But this new sim tends to bit a bit more “glassy”, so more steam gauges please.

• Like 1

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

12 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

except the VOR dial doesn't seem to work proper, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Hmm, they seem to work fine for me.