Sign in to follow this  
Max1998

Trying FS2020...

Hi guys, these days im testing the new flight simulator on my pc..... i have some negative points i'd like to talk with you:

MY PC SPECS: 

Mother - ASUS STRIX Z390-E GAMING
Processor - i7 9700K 3.6 GHz
RAM - 16 Gb DDR4
GPU - RTX 2060 Super 8 GB 

- Crashes, i experienced 2 crashes in 4 sessions by now.....hope their future patches will solve

- Meteo and related physics are hugly at the moment, i flown across a thunderstorm.....my speed, variometer, altimeter were showing clear skies behaviours, no up and down, no abrupt changes like it should be. Turbolences due to meteorology are not well modelled, orography turbolence and general flight physics seems are working fine (nothing to compare with A2A accu-sim, but anyway it's defalut and is out from only 3 days, so that'ok)

- PC Temperature, i cant even touch my pc cause i risk to lose the hand for the incredible high temperatures, GPU reaches 90 °C during the first 5 minutes of flying, processor 70 °C, normally a session runs for 3-4 hours of simulation, by now i dont think it's a good idea run this for more than 15 minutes, with no other game i ve ever played i reached this temps

What's your experience ?

Turn your gpu fan up using MSI afterburner, and create some profiles. The default windows fan control is rubbish. Doing the above should get you down on around 75C. Albeit it, it will be noisier. 

Hmmm, I wonder if anybody's CPU is throttling down in Ghz output..and they don't even know it, while engaging the sim, because of a thermal limiter......:?!?

One thing I have done to keep my GPU around 70c or less, is cap the frames at 30. I just wish we could choose more precise like 40, as 30 is sometimes a bit to low. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

a laptop rarely can use all its power, they overheat too quick.

you need to put settings down a lot, maybe medium, tr it out, monitor temps.

i did have some success of xtra cooling  a laptop with a small table fan.