Sign in to follow this  
Shayne

Rudder pedal problems CH Pro Pedals

Has anyone gotten a linear response from there rudder pedals and if so what setting and please help.

I have literally tried every sensitivity setting and it appears it has no difference what so ever other than delaying the response to full right or left rudder.

I can change the travel so that as I get closer to the end it goes to full deflection or I can have full deflection at first movement but regardless of what I do it full deflection always.

Is this how it is as I cant use them as rudders???????

If I could complete a flight it might be cool.

Sure looks pretty and lots to learn but if I cant fly its useless to me.

Also trim on almost all the turboprops seem really wrong.  If you trim it the behavior is nothing like a real aircraft, is there a trick here??

Also seem like I trim down and get it stable then it move largely either up or down, like its trying to fight you.

Anyway that I can play with more but rudders does anyone have them working or is it the CH propedal just not going to work??

Thanks and cheers.

Shayne 

CH Pro Pedals work fine for me. Just try adjusting the sensitivity. Oh, and give it a little dead zone ... I use 4.

Edited by McPlane

You mapped your pedals to the wrong keys.  I had the same problem with my CH Pedals where they instantly snapped the rudder to the far left/right.  Im not at my computer so i do not know the name of the correct key. 

Edited by Heli

I am listening, as far as mapping as they do work but I sensitivity does nothing its full deflection or nothing.

That is because they are mapped to the incorrect key.  There are multiple key mappings for controlling the rudder, and you are using the incorrect one.  Is it mapped to Rudder (Yaw) and Rudder (Pitch)?  Because thats the incorrect keymapping to use.  I believe the key is called Rudder Axis or similar

Edited by Heli

FWIW here are my settings for the rudder:

Joystick L - Axis Z

Sensitivity 50%

Dead Zone 4%

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Has anyone tries CH Control Manager? You can make all sorts of sensitivity maps with it. If that then maps into the sim, then you’re fixed. I’ll experiment with it tomorrow.

Hi - this is a follow up to wondering if anyone is still having problems with the CH Pedals for Yaw/Rudder in MSFS2020?

• These are new pedals.
  • Toe break range of motion works as expected.
  • Yaw range gets to 100% when range on control is ~ 5%
  • I've mapped to Joystick L - Z Axis. Played with sensitivity, etc... No luck.

• Looking at the settings in Windows 10, the max (255) is reached within the first 5% of the pedals range.
  • Recalibrating in MS system controls had no effect.
  • CH Control Manager doesn't recognize the pedals (though they are recognized in the joystick settings and in MSFS2020).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Pepper

Do NOT calibrate them in windows (if you already have go back into control panel and reset the calibration to default) and do NOT use the CH software.  Calibrating in windows or using the CH software will just bring you a world of pain. Just use the uncalibrated pedals with no software and set sensitivity in game.

Comments on CH pedals in general:

• Overall hardware wise they are pretty awful, I modified mine by removing the centre detent  lugs (a big job) replacing the springs with stronger ones and tilting them up a bit -  but they are still not optimal.
  • I fully expect to need to disassemble them every twelve months to fix the annoyingly thin and fragile toe brake wiring that seems to keep snapping. 
  • That said they work well enough for me to keep using them for now and divert my spare money into things like my new 3070 card and a Fulcrum yoke.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Pepper SIM.

The correct procedure for re-installing CHCM on win10 is this:

1 Unplug every CH controller from USB.

2. Create a restore point for safety:  Windows Control Panel -View by Small Icons -Recovery -Configure System Restore (NOT Open System Restore) -Create

2 Run the Windows uninstall (or better yet the freeware version of iObit uninstaller because it will find all traces of CH in the registry and cut those out of the registry).

https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php

3 Plug all CH controllers back in BEFORE installing CH CM again. (Unplug before uninstall, plug in before installation or reinstall)

4 Wait for the dings to end indicating that the Windows install is complete.

5 Calibrate in CHCM (they will show up, will not be grayed out, CHCM has 'rescan' button just in case.

I have never had one iota of trouble for many years after calibrating CH Pro pedals in CHCM and then using them in many sims including all versions of Microsoft FS. The only trouble, like you are having, is when I did NOT calibrate them in CHCM.

Don't ever calibrate them in Windows 10 unless you don't have CHCM. If you have calibrated in Windows just reset in windows calibration back to default.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have these too. I have never calibrated in Windows and don’t have the Control Manager Softeware installed. They just seem to work perfectly for me. I set a small dead zone and made minor sensitivity adjustments in the sim. Like Glenn, I dislike the centre detent but I can live with it. Mine are a good few years old, never given a days trouble.

My only issue is the CH Products throttle quadrant. All 6 levers go to just shy of max (prevents me reaching TOGA on A320) but they come back to zero ok. Need to have a look at that sometime...

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor