Sign in to follow this  
FlyingInACessna

Asobo, we NEED a way to MODIFY existing airports

37 minutes ago, jay907uk said:

Good inaccurate taxiway names and missing airports!!. How can this happen when its a brand new simulator, clearly not very good, Thank god I haven't purchased.it.

Sounds like these sort of things need sorting ASAP in my view.

Jason

Your loss!

Edited by 2reds2whites
  • Like 1

Just now, markjj said:

Totally incorrect taxiways are a big deal, particularly if you fly on VATSIM.  This isn't just a few missing trees or a simple bug.  It effectively renders online flying largely unusable without a proper way to identify taxiways.  Not sure why you don't see that

I totally agree with you Mark and a very valid point. 

Egbert maybe doesn't fly online, like many of us do including myself. Maybe he should have thought of that before his initial response.

I accept there is going to be bugs, which you expect and I accept that, but Airport and inaccurate taxiway not really.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jason Thompson

35 minutes ago, jay907uk said:

Good inaccurate taxiway names and missing airports!!. How can this happen when its a brand new simulator, clearly not very good, Thank god I haven't purchased.it.

Jason

Asobo explained how the 37000 airports were done months ago... In the video they say the taxiway names were not done to match real world.. so if that was a deal breaker for you ,which is fine,  you should have known for months.

they wont be 'sorting' that.. at least not directly.  now having a way to relatively easily update the signs  would be nice. (for those that dont have access to charts and/or prefer to read the taxiway signs to see where to go) 

x-plane is missing way more airports and they have no intention on adding them.  and they have tons of small airports where there are generic 2 taxiways at the ends and one in the middle that arent signed at all.. noone is complaining about those, exclamation mark, exclamation mark 

e

• Like 1

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

1 hour ago, Egbert Drenth said:

It is outrageous! How could they?!?
I also noticed some trees were missing!

Geez man, take a chill pill.
Each and every piece of software has bugs/faults. Most of them will be solved in time. Deal with it.

Comparing this to a few missing trees is a joke. This is more like runway numbers being incorrect. Much larger scale. It’s something that’s important to be fixed right away, not a year from now. VATSIM flying doesn’t work without accurate taxiways.

Edited by FlyingInACessna

38 minutes ago, Wewk584 said:

Asobo explained how the 37000 airports were done months ago... In the video they say the taxiway names were not done to match real world.. so if that was a deal breaker for you ,which is fine,  you should have known for months.

they wont be 'sorting' that.. at least not directly.  now having a way to relatively easily update the signs  would be nice. (for those that dont have access to charts and/or prefer to read the taxiway signs to see where to go) 

x-plane is missing way more airports and they have no intention on adding them.  and they have tons of small airports where there are generic 2 taxiways at the ends and one in the middle that arent signed at all.. noone is complaining about those, exclamation mark, exclamation mark 

e

I’ve been complaining for months, but nobody is listening. Love everything else about the sim besides the bugs, but this is necessary. It seems they don’t understand how important an issue it is. All we want is a way to edit the airport layout. That simple. X-Plane and FSX both have editors.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

I’ve been complaining for months, but nobody is listening. Love everything else about the sim besides the bugs, but this is necessary. It seems they don’t understand how important an issue it is. All we want is a way to edit the airport layout. That simple. X-Plane and FSX both have editors.

Give it time... they have a long list of bugs to fix and user requests to handle.

Personally, I would like them to fix the reversed Glideslope indicator during RNAV landings, but just like your issue, this is on their list somewhere.. 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

2 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

I’ve been complaining for months, but nobody is listening. Love everything else about the sim besides the bugs, but this is necessary. It seems they don’t understand how important an issue it is.

It seems you overestimate the importance of users who care about taxiway signs among the overall customer base of MSFS.

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

Give it time... they have a long list of bugs to fix and user requests to handle.

Personally, i would like them to fix the reversed Glideslope indicator during RNAV landings, but just like your issue, this is on their list somewhere.. 🙂

That’s the thing - for all we know, it’s not on their list at all. I just read on the developer forums that they don’t want us messing with default BGL files. I’ve read on the MSFS forums from Alpha users about how their complaints about inaccurate taxiways were responded to by saying they weren’t going to implement them. 

2 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

Asobo is working on a solution, altho I still think it should have dropped with the release because there's now way they didn't know they couldn't get everything right and that people would want to fix things themselves.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/help-on-how-to-modify-default-airports.448430/#post-851356

This was clearly rushed to release, likely helped by the pandemic screwing with their deliverable timeline(s) and contractual obligations. Will be interesting to see if MS has anything to say. My friends there have been silent.

• Like 2

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

in due time it will be fixed, or we get tools to fix it ourselves.

no need to make any drama about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jay907uk said:

Jason

How many people would it take (and how long to proof) 37k airports.  Why not volunteer your time and then you can get back to us in 2040.

Cheers

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

8 hours ago, Wewk584 said:

e

Do you have data to support that XP is missing way more airports?  I am genuinely curious as I have not yet came upon an airport that wasn't at least partly modeled in XP, but have already came across many in MSFS.  I mean heck, even EDDS (Stuttgart, Germany) isn't in MSFS despite being quite a major hub in Germany.  On top of that, the MSFS nav database is woefully incomplete.  I can't shoot many approaches in the sim that I regularly do in XP.  Also, what do you mean by XP having "no intention of adding them"?  Are you not aware of what the scenery gateway is? 

The community literally modifies and adds airports on a daily basis - they even accurately modeled all of the tiny GA airports near me.  It is a constantly evolving community based system that anyone can add to whereas MSFS doesn't really have an equivlent system like this.  Your statement that XP has no intention of adding airports is just totally false.  They created a hub in which the community does just this (sure, it may not be Laminar directly, but it nonetheless gets coupled with every major update so that every user sees the end result of a more complete airport system, and it works.  Also, people do complain when certain airports aren't there. 

I personally "complained" when one of my local airports didn't have any of the appropriate instrument approaches loaded into the sim and was able to get help right away and my issue was solved.  And to date, every airport in XP I've been to has the correct taxiways whereas this is nonexistent in MSFS.  It's just quite frankly a big slap in the face to serious simmers and totally flies against their implication that this sim would cater to such users just as much as casual ones

• Like 2

Mark Javornik

5 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

How many people would it take (and how long to proof) 37k airports.  Why not volunteer your time and then you can get back to us in 2040.

Cheers

bs

Not sure but FSX managed to do it, and XP managed to do it with the help of the community by creating a very simple and easy to use system in which members can quickly edit these airports and add them to the hub, which then gets translated into updates for all users with the new information.  Let's not excuse such a big fault in the way they did things.  It never even occurred to me that a new sim wouldn't have the proper taxiways, especially given how much they bragged about their "partnership" with VATSIM.  Not many MSFS users are using VATSIM at the moment because of the atrocious performance simconnect is causing, but I am expecting many unhappy users once ATC tells them "taxi to 31L via P B, cross 22, B L D" and they then realize none of these actually exist in the sim.  He doesn't need to volunteer his time and get back to us in 2040.  Are you seriously not aware that both the other sims have this and didn't take 20 years to get us the right taxiways? Come on...

Mark Javornik