Sign in to follow this  
alphasierraq

Airspeed 100 knots while sitting on ground - BUG?

I am brand new to FS2020, but how could I have come upon a bug already? 

This is the Cessna 172, sitting at the end of the runway. I apply full power and release brakes. Nothing happens. Airplane doesn't move. But the airspeed needle slowly rises up to 100 knots as if the airplane is flying. If I apply the parking brakes, the airspeed drops back to zero. But the airplane has not moved a single inch all this time. I would attach a screenshot, but it doesn't seem this forum allows it. What could be happening here?

Do you happens to have 100 kts head wind?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

8 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Do you happens to have 100 kts head wind?

Calm winds. Besides, why would applying brakes change the wind?

Edited by AndrewS

are you on active pause , maybe?

click pause key and try again.

Edited by wim123

13 hours ago, AndrewS said:

I am brand new to FS2020, but how could I have come upon a bug already? 

This is the Cessna 172, sitting at the end of the runway. I apply full power and release brakes. Nothing happens. Airplane doesn't move. But the airspeed needle slowly rises up to 100 knots as if the airplane is flying. If I apply the parking brakes, the airspeed drops back to zero. But the airplane has not moved a single inch all this time. I would attach a screenshot, but it doesn't seem this forum allows it. What could be happening here?

I had this happen to me when I was at LOWI adjusting my controllers. I was messing around with the parking brake and adjusting the control options for that. In the 172 with the G1000,brakes off, full power....air speed climbed to 120 knots but the aircraft never moved. Then I got a sim message saying I over stressed the aircraft and had crashed.

I add it to the list of issues...

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs