Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How well does TrackIR work in the new sim?

I have TrackIR but it's not currently hooked up. Last time I used it was in P3D and X-Plane and I remember that it was very unresponsive. How's the experience with you guys with using it with the new mfs? If it's positive then it may be worth taking the time for me to dig it out of my closet and hook it up. Since I use a 55" 4K TV, I would have to mount it up pretty high. Hopefully that doesn't effect the overall movement that it will give me.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Works perfectly fine. Just hit 'update' in the Track IR software before you use it with msfs.

Its a dream. Cool thing is you can map different panel views switch to those views with key commands and trackir moves within that view only

17 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I have TrackIR but it's not currently hooked up. Last time I used it was in P3D and X-Plane and I remember that it was very unresponsive. How's the experience with you guys with using it with the new mfs? If it's positive then it may be worth taking the time for me to dig it out of my closet and hook it up. Since I use a 55" 4K TV, I would have to mount it up pretty high. Hopefully that doesn't effect the overall movement that it will give me.

Works very well

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

Pretty much as expected. This new sim is recognized as a preferred game so it is a matter of setting the little tv on top of your monitor, plugging in the USB cable, starting up TIR software and selecting MFS2020 and confirming the 3 green dots are in the middle of the screen.  You can use the golf hat or the Pro clip.  One side of the mini tv has a green light, startup the sim, the other side (right) comes up with a green meaning you are ready to go. As mentioned you can easily set the memory keys to your likely, recenter is used a lot by most folks when getting settled in and pause when you want to do something not related to being in the cockpit.

Track IR opens up a whole new world of nearer simulated reality.  Highly recommended.

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I'm using the free FaceTrackNoIR with a webcam (and ironically an IR LED 3 point model on a baseball cap). I found this free tool works best using IR leds versus just face tracking. I was amazed that I was able to just launch it and it worked out of the box with my previous settings from Xplane.  I can't fly without head tracking anymore, I find it too frustrating to be constantly using a POV switch to look around which totally kills immersion for me.

If you have a head tracking system, I would definitely give it a go.

TrackIR is poorly implemented. It stays on in external view and your view resets and does random things when you pause TrackIR.

57 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

It stays on in external view and your view resets and does random things when you pause TrackIR.

I like that it stays on in external view.  Some people might prefer it worked like it did in earlier sims and kept your aircraft centered though.

If you look at a control then pause TrackIR, you have 6 seconds to set the control you were looking at (the reason you paused) before your view snaps to straight ahead.  This is disconcerting to some and is less useful if you were intending to watch something outside your window.

Report it to Zendesk and maybe they'll change it.  That is probably the only way to get a change.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Better than X-plane. I also use my own custom curve adapted from DCS.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

It works great. If you think that TrackIR is reducing your performance, when you start the TrackIR app set the camera mode to "standard". Unfortunately this setting does not stick from one TrackIR session to the next. This is the mode for the legacy TrackIR 4 and sends less data to the sim. It's also not as smooth when panning. This setting might also help if your experiencing the SimConnect stuttering and glitching bug.

Can't you bind a key to pause/un-pause at your leisure like you do in P3D?

Eric 

19 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Can't you bind a key to pause/un-pause at your leisure like you do in P3D?

If I understand you correctly, that's handled in the TrackIR profile not the simulator.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I use TrackIR and it works perfectly.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip