Sign in to follow this  
odourboy

Is Microsoft putting out updates?

44 minutes ago, w6kd said:

AFAIK, we're not even due for an update, but rather an update on upcoming updates on the 27th.  That would be the first derivative of an update...

If you've got version 1.7.12.0 then you're still on the initial-release version.

Notice how MS versioning looks more and more like IP addresses (x.x.x.x) !  As long as you have most of the 'important numbers", your pretty much up to speed. 😄

Welcome to AGILE programming. More frequent patching, tweaks, and small feature releases (much like Win10 "Patch Tuesday").

Nevermind!

I just restarted the sim and it's broken again. Headfake! Lol

Carry on.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

8 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Us OCC Flight ops guys call it another bloody defect. 

I have a cycling buddy who has just retired from Rolls Royce at Birmingham Business Park, nr Marston Green, West Midlands, England.

He's appalled by Microsoft releasing with this many 'bloody defects'.

I worked for a while at Lucas Aerospace, Shaftmore Lane, Birmingham; and The Radleys, Marston Green.

I moved to SAGEM, dealing with motorcar engine management. Two different worlds.

IMHO, for land-bound electronics, motorcar Engine Management Systems have the best reliability and give the least warranty claims of anything.

Its the Telematics, Infotainment and Human/Machine Interface that costs the most in warranty.

9 hours ago, odourboy said:

Nevermind!

I just restarted the sim and it's broken again. Headfake! Lol

Carry on.

I just had this, restarted computer and worked again 🤔

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Hello,

I don’t use internal VSync but Nvidia CP Fast sync and external FPS limiter (30fps) and sim is very very smooth on my 7years old machine.

Rado

Rado

i7 4770K@4,1Ghz HT on since release of MSFS
1080 Ti 11GB 
32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung SSDs

11 hours ago, odourboy said:

I rolled back my Nvidia driver yesterday,  perhaps that was what fixed it.

Why did you roll back?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

5 hours ago, Nemo said:

Why did you roll back?

I installed MSFS before went to the latest 'game ready' driver and noted some frame rates. I then upgraded the drivers. Noticed a slight drop ~1FPS. After a couple of days, I rolled it back to see if I could regain it. Unfortunately I could not reinstall the original version becsuse of DCH restrictions imposed by W10 2004 update (which is also installed), so I ended up going to a more recent supported Nvidia driver. Alas, it gave me identical FPS as the current one.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)