Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

I'll happy buy a beer..

AzOutback,

I have the premium Deluxe version and as stated the aircraft.cfg is indeed available and modifiable via notepad  in the following path .... C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_........... \LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore.

I have just had a quick flight in the DA62 which now carries the modified tail number (in my case VG-CAC) 

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

25 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I have just had a quick flight in the DA62 which now carries the modified tail number (in my case VG-CAC) 

Tony, I have that in my aircraft list with my Standard version. Not a Premium aircraft maybe?

BTW, for users who installed the sim on another drive you will see that the Appdata folder in C drive under your user name is a junction to the actual folders in WpSystem on the drive you choose to install MSFS to. The folder you installed MSFS in (in my case P:/MSFS has the Community Folder for purchases, liveries etc. The other folder "Official" is were the main bulk of the files are are.

howevr

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

AzOutback,

I have the premium Deluxe version and as stated the aircraft.cfg is indeed available and modifiable via notepad  in the following path .... C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_........... \LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore.

Regards

Tony

Yes, the DA62 is a Standard version aircraft. It's only the extra aircraft that are part of the Deluxe and Premium packages that are locked. Check for example the DA40, the 152 Aerobat, the 787, Shock Ultra, etc.... Just the planes that are part of the upgraded packages.

3 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I haven't tried, but what if you save the flight?

IPAs are tasty!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

AzOutback,

Hey that is interesting and illogical.  Have you any idea why the upgraded (from standard) packages are locked out and is there any way to unlock them if Asobo/MSFS do not do so in the near future.  Carrying this on a little further, is the same thing going to apply to 3PD aircraft?

Can anyone else contribute here too please

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

10 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Carrying this on a little further, is the same thing going to apply to 3PD aircraft

My gut tells me that if I buy anything via the Marketplace (MP) it will be locked. Whereas if I buy from a 3rd party site it will be installed into the Community folder with full access.To date I've only purchased 3 airports via ORBX and Flightbeam directly which installed into the Community folder (good discounts compared to the MP). Chock has the Caranado 182 from the MP I believe - I wonder where that was installed.

One annoying thing -  I had assumed when you purchased a product listed in the MP from the developer direct that it would remove it from the MP listings and reduce clutter as it is already "Owned".  I was wrong. I'll have to wait until something else from the MP is worth buying to see how it works.

Part of the reason MS might be locking things away (aside from piracy) is support and licensing concerns.

Cheers

howevr

40 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

is the same thing going to apply to 3PD aircraft?

6 minutes ago, howevr said:

My gut tells me that if I buy anything via the Marketplace (MP) it will be locked. Whereas if I buy from a 3rd party site it will be installed into the Community folder with full access.To date I've only purchased 3 airports via ORBX and Flightbeam directly which installed into the Community folder (good discounts compared to the MP). Chock has the Caranado 182 from the MP I believe - I wonder where that was installed.

Let's ask! @Chock did the Carenado C182 install in your Community folder? And if so, can you access the aircraft.cfg file in that folder for the 182?

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

25 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Let's ask! @Chock did the Carenado C182 install in your Community folder? And if so, can you access the aircraft.cfg file in that folder for the 182?

F:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2323705056-409578195-2989242969-1000\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\carenado-aircraft-ct182t-skylane-g1000\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_CT182T_Skylane_G1000

And yes, I can see config files in there.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Chock said:

And yes, I can see config files in there.

Thanks Chock. Happy to be wrong. So far it seems all MP purchases go into Official and 3rd Party into Community. Also access to config files seems OK. Only the Deluxe and Premium stuff has been locked away.

Cheers,

howevr

2 hours ago, howevr said:

Thanks Chock. Happy to be wrong. So far it seems all MP purchases go into Official and 3rd Party into Community. Also access to config files seems OK. Only the Deluxe and Premium stuff has been locked away.

Cheers,

I want to add my thanks to Chock.  

My initial impression is that if all Market Place purchases go to Official (and are locked) we would have to be crazy to buy or even contemplate buying through MS.  Is this as bad as I think it may be?  However, IF Chock purchased through MP and he has access, am I worried about nothing? 

Maybe someone has a definitive answer to this ... I certainly hope so.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.