Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Is the whole sim overly BRIGHT for you?

For me, the entire sim seems overly bright!  In cockpit mode especially, when looking out the windows, everything seems "washed out".  The colors do not appear realistic to me when I'm in the air.  

Is there a way to change the brightness overall in the sim?  I haven't read about this anywhere else.

Stan

10 minutes ago, spilok said:

For me, the entire sim seems overly bright!  In cockpit mode especially, when looking out the windows, everything seems "washed out".  The colors do not appear realistic to me when I'm in the air.  

Is there a way to change the brightness overall in the sim?  I haven't read about this anywhere else.

Stan

Do you have Bloom turned on?  I have it on, and noticed this coming in for a landing yesterday.  I didn't have time to check but I suspect Bloom turned on might be the cause.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

2 hours ago, flyinion said:

Do you have Bloom turned on?  I have it on, and noticed this coming in for a landing yesterday.  I didn't have time to check but I suspect Bloom turned on might be the cause.

I did have Bloom on.  I turned it off and it made a huge difference in the sim's lighting.  

Thank you.

Stan

It's due to lack of oxygen! 🙂 Things do get dim especially at night!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I also noticed that turning off bloom does not make the sim look so washed out, but makes the sun look terrible. Has anyone tried ReShade yet?

Edited by Pugilist2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I turned off bloom but the sim still looks too bright for me, especially when looking down a bit, the clouds lose definition due to the brightness.

If further tuning of settings inside MFS does not help, you might try tuning your monitor. Specifically settings for brightness (which tunes the black level), contrast (which tunes the white level) and gamma (which tunes the grey curve) can make a difference.

This website may be of help: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

Edited by RudyB24
  • Like 1

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation