Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Sport Pilot in a Week

don't know whether to cheer or hide in terror.I've seen the way a lot of kids who take such highspeed courses for driver's licenses operate and I'm not comfortable being on the same road with a lot of them.Wouldn't want to think how well this guy would operate in a real high stress situation with just 5 days of instruction.Anyway, he cheated by getting his theory under the belt before his week started ;)

"Cheated"? - I'd have called it common sense.

me too, but he didn't actually get his SPL (which includes the theory) in a week so in that regard he cheated :)

nah, he did mention it. Just typical media exageration calling it "SPL in a week".

It was you who twice said he cheated - not the media.

He's refering to the fact that he's not counting the ground school in his time, but just his flight time. He actually spent more than a week to get this if you include his time to do the study-at-home ground school courses.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

I know that, and it was clear in the article. Cheating is a harsh word implying dishonesty.

He was cheating in calling it "SPL in a week, not in cutting corners (insofar as is clear from the article).

The article actually says:"After passing ground school and the FAA Knowledge Test, sport pilots need only 20 hours of flight instruction--so with a little vacation time and cooperative cloud ceilings, you could knock that out in a week."The week is clearly referring to the period of flight instruction after passing ground school and the FAA Knowledge Test.There was no deception or cheating.