Sign in to follow this  
chris_cantrell_07

CH controls nowhere to be seen in MSFS 2020

1 hour ago, chris_cantrell_07 said:

Looks like installing Control Manager worked.  It's weird; on CH's website, they state explicitly that Control Manager doesn't provide drivers, yet when I installed Control Manager, Windows installed my devices as HID-compliant devices, and now MSFS recognizes them.  Apparently I have to use Control Manager for the devices to work in MSFS.  Thanks for the help, molleh!

I'm glad it worked! To be honest, plug-and-play without the CH software should have worked, too - but hey, a win's a win 😄

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, buspelle said:

Happy to see that You got it to work! I also struggled for days to get everything right. The funny/strange thing is that in my case I had to DISABLE my CH-manager to get the control to work/respond and show up

🙄

On 8/23/2020 at 12:08 AM, buspelle said:

Happy to see that You got it to work! I also struggled for days to get everything right. The funny/strange thing is that in my case I had to DISABLE my CH-manager to get the control to work/respond and show up

I had previously posted that my Throttle Quad worked, but when I fired up the sim the other night, although the device showed up in the sim, and the previous programming was still there, nothing worked. Even when I un-programmed and re-programmed them. Then I launched the Control Manager, which crashed, and the quad disappeared from the sim. I haven't tried to re-boot yet, but I thought I'd browse the forums and find out if others had a solution. Should I uninstall the Control Manager? Not sure, but I'm game to try anything.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

On 8/23/2020 at 12:13 AM, molleh said:

I'm glad it worked! To be honest, plug-and-play without the CH software should have worked, too - but hey, a win's a win 😄

I'm going to try this today! I also have DCS World, which uses part of the Quad for switches, but I can live without that. I'll let the group know what happens. 

Now, if someone can tell me how to get my Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs working... Strangely enough (and probably because it's just a keystroke copier), my Razer OrbWeaver is so far working fine. I'm using it for all of the camera shots.

-= Gary Barth =-

4 hours ago, gpbarth said:

I'm going to try this today! I also have DCS World, which uses part of the Quad for switches, but I can live without that. I'll let the group know what happens. 

Now, if someone can tell me how to get my Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs working... Strangely enough (and probably because it's just a keystroke copier), my Razer OrbWeaver is so far working fine. I'm using it for all of the camera shots.

I uninstalled the Control Manager (which requires unplugging the device), then re-booted. Then plugged in the device. Nope! Soo I re-booted again, with the throttles plugged in, and they now appear. I haven't tried using them yet, but I was checking the buttons and axes in Win 10. Everything worked with the exception of the switches on the levers. Win 10 can't see them. Any ideas?

-= Gary Barth =-

Well, no CH Throttle Quadrant yet! FS found my "clean" throttles (no Manager), but nothing seemed to work. Buttons programmed but didn't work when used. All 6 axes registered, but showed half set at the neutral position, and full when clicked down. And when I tarted the sim, the controls were all ove rthe place. Should I reinstall the Manager? Hmmmm...

I really want this to work, but still haven't figured out how.

-= Gary Barth =-

11 minutes ago, gpbarth said:

Well, no CH Throttle Quadrant yet! FS found my "clean" throttles (no Manager), but nothing seemed to work. Buttons programmed but didn't work when used. All 6 axes registered, but showed half set at the neutral position, and full when clicked down. And when I tarted the sim, the controls were all ove rthe place. Should I reinstall the Manager? Hmmmm...

I really want this to work, but still haven't figured out how.

Looks like you have a bunch of different things going on. I have CH yoke, TQ, Rudders and a saitek X55 all connected and working just fine.

Firstly you need to get all your devices showing up in msfs2020 - if one or more is not showing up, nothing will work right.

Next, you cannot have the same axis assigned to two different controllers, meaning that if you assign the throttle, prop and mixture on your yoke and also assign the throttles, etc on the TQ - you will have problems.  This is how to resolve THAT problem:

Also check that you do not have your USB ports set to power down when idle.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have a CH Flight stick USB Pro I am happy with and would like to try this trick hopefully getting it going in FS2020.  Problem is I am on the CH Products website and I can't seem to find the download link for the software needed.  It has place for a link in the FAQ section but that link is broken!

Anyone know the link?

On 8/25/2020 at 7:06 AM, gpbarth said:
On 8/22/2020 at 9:13 PM, molleh said:

Good luck have had to reprogram the CH yoke twice now. CH pedals went berzerk so unprogrammed them again.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

3 hours ago, longhaul747 said:

I have a CH Flight stick USB Pro I am happy with and would like to try this trick hopefully getting it going in FS2020.  Problem is I am on the CH Products website and I can't seem to find the download link for the software needed.  It has place for a link in the FAQ section but that link is broken!

Anyone know the link?

http://www.chproducts.com/13-29620-Downloads-and-Community-Links.php.html

52 minutes ago, molleh said:

Thanks that is what I was looking for.  I downloaded the software and installed without issue.  I actually had the same thing happened to others and it was as if the Control Manager had installed drivers for Win 10 or something. 

FS2020 is now seeing my joystick by name.  I can go into the controller control panel in FS2020 and as I move my joystick around and move my throttle wheel on the joystick it shows activity like it should.  No other functions of the joystick appear to be mapped except the trigger button likely controls the brakes.  However when I load a flight into FS2020 my joystick is still not functional.  Its as if it has to actually be turned on or something but I can't find away to do that.  As far as I can tell (and this is not much) the basic functions of my joystick are now recognized by FS2020 but don't work when I fly the plane.  Any trick regarding the actual use of the joystick?

I tried to program it but I got lost pretty quick in the process.  Looks like only options for programming are for the hat switch and buttons on it.  Not any of the control axis movements!

4 minutes ago, longhaul747 said:

Thanks that is what I was looking for.  I downloaded the software and installed without issue.  I actually had the same thing happened to others and it was as if the Control Manager had installed drivers for Win 10 or something. 

FS2020 is now seeing my joystick by name.  I can go into the controller control panel in FS2020 and as I move my joystick around and move my throttle wheel on the joystick it shows activity like it should.  No other functions of the joystick appear to be mapped except the trigger button likely controls the brakes.  However when I load a flight into FS2020 my joystick is still not functional.  Its as if it has to actually be turned on or something but I can't find away to do that.  As far as I can tell (and this is not much) the basic functions of my joystick are now recognized by FS2020 but don't work when I fly the plane.  Any trick regarding the actual use of the joystick?

I tried to program it but I got lost pretty quick in the process.  Looks like only options for programming are for the hat switch and buttons on it.  Not any of the control axis movements!

Did you actually assign your axes and buttons?

23 minutes ago, molleh said:

Did you actually assign your axes and buttons?

No..i did not.  Was not sure I was going to have to do that but looks like I will have to do it.  It can't be that hard and I will tinker with it! 

As this has been a huge topic in forums - MSFS Official forums - Facebook etc.  - possibly they will get it sorted out in a future update - hopefully the next one 🙂 

As I think they know they missed the boat after reading all over the web posts by not so happy ch product owners - prob were saving it for future update - wasnt high on the priority list to make launch

Rich Sennett

I got the basics on my CH Flight Stick programmed but will have to do a test flight tomorrow as its getting late.  Its a bit tricky but once you get the hang of it is not that bad i think?  I also managed to get the throttle wheel working and the trigger button for the brakes.

Once i know the controls work as they should i am going to see if I can get the hat switch so I can swivel around in VC and outside camera views like in previous sims.  This may take some trial and error as the mouse actually more flexible but at the same time more awkward.  I hated it at first but have grown to like how it is in FS2020.      

For the record though it really should be set up automatically or at least read off the controls portion of Win 10 and work.  So i hope a patch fixes it and as far as I am concerned it can overwrite my inputs.  I won't even know if its correct until I test fly it.