Sign in to follow this  
kevinc5

MFS and Steam

I don't know if MSFS installs the same way from the Microsoft Store as it does from XBOX Game Pass for PC, but I installed from XBOX Game Pass for PC.  Doing that installed MSFS in such a way that my firewall wouldn't permit MSFS to run unless I disabled it.  I tried adding a firewall exception for MSFS, but my antivirus couldn't find it because it was in some kind of protected folder.  Obviously, disabling my firewall every time I want to run MSFS isn't an option, so I went with Steam instead.  Steam isn't causing the firewall problem.

One advantage is that Steam will keep the updates entered and downloaded in the background (your choice).  This will be easier for those that are not interested in chasing down updates and constantly checking if they have the latest updates.  We do not know yet, how this will work with 3rd party devs when they provide updates to Steam (and they will).

There are others that the community can add.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

26 minutes ago, raymar said:

One advantage is that Steam will keep the updates entered and downloaded in the background (your choice).  This will be easier for those that are not interested in chasing down updates and constantly checking if they have the latest updates.  We do not know yet, how this will work with 3rd party devs when they provide updates to Steam (and they will).

There are others that the community can add.

No, the game doesn't uses steam for update, it has it's own content manager system. Only thing Steam download is the 900 MB launcher. 

Edited by Aaron555