Sign in to follow this  
alphasierraq

Cockpit panel feels like a 2D image

I finally figured out why FS2020 had an odd feel to it when taking off and landing. The panel has a 2D-ish feel to it, even though the world outside looks 3D. The panel feel like it is pointed in a different direction than the aircraft. Not sure if I like the feel of it. They seem to have put a lot of work into the world, but not much into the airplane. 

3 hours ago, AndrewS said:

I finally figured out why FS2020 had an odd feel to it when taking off and landing. The panel has a 2D-ish feel to it, even though the world outside looks 3D. The panel feel like it is pointed in a different direction than the aircraft. Not sure if I like the feel of it. They seem to have put a lot of work into the world, but not much into the airplane.

What are your graphical settings?    I find that on the whole most of the interiors look amazing, better even than much high-end P3D payware.   Do you have Ambient Occlusion, in particular, turned down?   That can really take a lot of the "dimensionality" out of the image due to the lack of realistic shadow interaction.