Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Devils Tower North East Wyoming

10 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

Voila! ... btw, it was the OP's original post that inspired me to see what google maps had to offer.

10 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

Voila! ... btw, it was the OP's original post that inspired me to see what google maps had to offer

Great Scenery. I made a quick video to showcase this great freeware -

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carts85 said:

Does anyone know how you install this? Doesn’t seem to be any instructions.

Yeah, I also can't figure out how to actually download or install this either?  Looks great, but could someone please post some instructions on how to get this mod into the sim?

1 minute ago, Mengy said:

Yeah, I also can't figure out how to actually download or install this either?  Looks great, but could someone please post some instructions on how to get this mod into the sim?

I did the basic and put the folder into the community folder and I think it’s removed the original tower but not replaced it.

We could really do with a hub of sorts, a one stop shop that we can find clear instructions with these add-ons

First off, thanks to VFXSimmer for doing this. It looks great!

If you want to install this, here's what you'll need to do...

- Click on the link provided by VFXSimmer, it'll take you to the reddit FS2020Creation site.
- The link to download is buried in the comment section so click "View Entire Discussion" and you'll find the link to his Google drive there.
- After you've downloaded and unzipped his file just copy/move the newly unzipped folder "devilstower-wyoming" to the "Community" folder of your MSFS installation.

Here's a link for information on finding your Community folder if you don't already know how to do so:

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-mods/

MSFS should take care of the rest so launch the sim and head over to Hulett (W43) and take up a southwesterly heading. Use SkyVector - Hulett find W43, if you're not familiar with the area.

Edited by erickrueger
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

17 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

Voila! ... btw, it was the OP's original post that inspired me to see what google maps had to offer.

Lovely job, thank you.👍 

Easiest way to find it for me was to fly WY14 IPY RANCH, WYOMING to 01WY KEYHOLE, MOORCROFT via WOMIV waypoint. That'll put you straight on course for Devil's Tower and you can be there in about 2 minutes with the slowest of aircraft. The first time after install, there was a hole in the ground where it should be until I was a few hundered metres away, then it popped up. Second time around, it was there from the beginning.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Thanks 109Sqn.  You should be sure to download version 1.1.  I figured out what was causing the tower to not appear right away.   The new version fixes that.

Edited by VFXSimmer
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

Thanks 109Sqn.  You should be sure to download version 1.1.  I figured out what was causing the tower to not appear right away.   The new version fixes that.

Nice work... What have you got planned next?

Kinda had that Close Encounters of the Third Kind moment....  🙂    very nice!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

12 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Nice work... What have you got planned next?

Something a lot bigger ... 😉.   Should have a teaser next week.

• Like 2

Just flew by the stock version tonight because Flight Simulator’s official Instagram account posted this photo of Devils Tower.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGlNGp_pjAH/?igshid=1cm6ysmts30w0

Not sure where they got that photo from because that’s still not what it looks like. Perhaps the person who submitted the photo was using an add-on?

Edited by CowCookie