Sign in to follow this  
JDonner

Good FS 2020 youtube channel.

Believe it or not, but I'm only find FS 2020 videos of noobs doing tutorials or flying in 3rd person just to enjoy the scenery, it's driving me nuts. I only want to watch videos with a more serious approach in first person (cockpit) and proper use of instruments and controls, basically videos of people trying to fly as realistically as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks

Edited by JDonner

There's a real world 737 pilot who produces very good videos. flightdeck2sim.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Welcome to the forum(s). Take a look at this  

There are six videos in this series and they cover instruments and controls as well as just the basics of flying............Doug

Edited by W2DR
kant spel
  • Like 4

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Yes, I was just going to suggest Squirrel as well. 👍  He has been doing videos from the start and producing some pretty good stuff.  I am sure we will see even more of the serious side from proper instructors.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Check out 320 Sim Pilot and P Gatcomb on yt. They both do good videos.

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

GripperSim - A RL CFI is doing tutorials for beginners. I am warming to this oirish man, and his wit.

Edited by Tinribs
  • Like 3

Bradm73 is a real (former) pilot, although he’s doing some of the external camera “enjoy the scenery thing“ at the moment.

Here is a real world 787 pilot doing a takeoff and landing of a Cessna followed by the 787-10:

There is a real world A320 pilot that seems to have started a series of tutorials on MSFS. Here's the first:

Over on Twitch, a real world UK-based A320 pilot named Katie has streamed using the Neo:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/710280148

She also uses more realistic aircraft in P3D, so I'll be interested to see what she thinks of PMDG's first offering for MSFS.

And lastly, this real world pilot, who used to post videos of other now-obsolete sims, hilariously said in a video a week ago that he wouldn't be buying MSFS because he wanted "realism." Three days later he posted a video of himself installing it and running it for the first time. Since then it's been a steady stream of MSFS videos, of course. Here's the latest:

A side-by-side comparison of a Cessna flight:

Edited by SeanMo

Most of the ones I follow have already been mentioned above. I would also recommend Drawyah (https://www.youtube.com/drawyah/), who streams a variety of flying, mostly airline stuff and always as realistically as MSFS will allow. His ability to keep talking to people and answering questions throughout 6hr+ flights is quite remarkable!

Oh yes, and I nearly forgot, there's also little old me! I've been simming for 20-odd years but only trying my hand at YouTube videos/streams since Tuesday, so I'd say my style is less fluent than a lot of the above but I like to think the realism level is pretty high. My channel is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmiXdxpQlbpFLCA-Mb_diww . There are only two videos on there so far (EHAM-EGLL & EGLL-LEMD) but I intend to keep at it and will be doing another stream tomorrow some time. I'd love to hear your opinions and any tips, either over there or in here.

• Like 4

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate the time you all took to come up with all these suggestions, which I bookmarked.

On my channel FlightSimStream I publish Live flights with a no-nonsense approach to the flights, so everyone can learn and improve their simulation skills.

Always open for questions live during the flight. Currently visiting the Greek islands, and trying to integrate different approach types.

Excuse me, Mr Jdonner, but if someone makes a video in "3th person", it don't means  he/she is a noob.
I do that sometimes, like a lot here, and I fly since 10 years (RL and virtual), like a lot here also.. Have a good day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4