Sign in to follow this  
Helsinkipilot

King air and Club X (Setting gps/FMS issues) HELP!

This has been really frustrating me since the release of MSFS

I worked out the GPS/NAV from the Garmin 1000 (Cdi button)

But for the life of me unless I start on the runway I can not figure out how to set this on the other type of GPS that the King Air and Club X use

Please somebody help, I really want to fly the King Air more-

I'd like the same info and more. We really need some manuals here.

Even going in with the flight plan set, I have NO idea how to set an ILS frequency and catch/follow a glide slope. It also appears a KEY part of this whole King Air is inoperable, and that is its FMS (down low to your right next to the seat). The DirectTo button is there and seems to be INOP, etc. So, my guess is that, as is this is just a base demo of a King Air and if we really want to fly one in the sim, we need to wait for someone to produce a fully-functional one. I'm okay with that, but just want to know what I can and can't do in it. I'm waiting on a Dash-8 or a CRJ/ERJ to show up in the Marketplace, but my guess is those are a year away at least since the SDK isn't even out yet. That's why having a fully-functional smaller plane is so desired by me.

• Like 1

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

Also struggling to work out how to follow the GPS on autopilot with the King Air. Miss the good old NAV/GPS switch from FSX, lol

Hello,

On the xCub, you have to click on the center of the PFD. Then, you may switch between GPS-Nav 1 and Nav 2 sources. I let the king air aside, because this aircraft is really unfinished.

Intel Core i7-9700K (3.6 GHz/4.9 GHz), GeForce RTX 4060 TI, DDR4 32Go, screen ASUS XG32VQR 32'', Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Pro Pedal CH Products, TCA Sidestick Airbus, TCA Boeing Yoke Edition

Yeah, King Air seems a bit unfinished. I don’t think you can call up a nearest airports list either. Flight planning / editing does not seem possible from inside the cockpit.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

In the MFD I've managed to get into some screens (but not sure how) that appear to allow me to do a Direct To and seem to allow for flight planning and other capabilities, but again, I have no clue how I managed to even get into those screens and how each of them worked. 

This is one of the reasons I suggested, on another thread, that third-party devs MIGHT want to consider updating the features of existing models instead of trying to match the graphics level of their own creations. I'd gladly pay for a more functional version of this, along with complete instructions on its use.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

For the King Air:

In the lower panel between seats, there is a "Menu" button.  This opens up the standard G1000 menus on the PFD.  From there select the "Active Flight Plan" option.  you can then input your route.

For AP/NAV engagement, ensure the large gray switch below the AP/YD buttons is engaged.  This will enable you to turn on the AP and YD.  Click on the PFD to open up a side menu where you can select your CDI Source. Select FMS.  Then select AP on, YD on, and then NAV.

Edited by marc1184

On 8/23/2020 at 5:51 AM, Agrajag said:

I have NO idea how to set an ILS frequency and catch/follow a glide slope

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

On 8/23/2020 at 6:51 AM, Agrajag said:

I have NO idea how to set an ILS frequency and catch/follow a glide slope. 

Follow my last post to get to the G1000 menu (Menu button on panel between seats).  Select NAV1 Frequency.  Input frequency.  Select the transfer button (this is important as I sometimes forget).  Then click on the PFD compass to open a side menu.  Select NAV1 (becomes LOC1 when signal is recieved).  Then select APPR on AP panel.

Edited by marc1184

On 8/23/2020 at 5:15 AM, Helsinkipilot said:

King Air

Since I struggled with this one at first, I thought I'd do a quick and dirty video showing how to get to the various navigation functions in the King Air. Hope this helps...

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

40 minutes ago, marc1184 said:

For the King Air:

In the lower panel between seats, there is a "Menu" button.  This opens up the standard G1000 menus on the PFD.  From there select the "Active Flight Plan" option.  you can then input your route.

For AP/NAV engagement, ensure the large gray switch below the AP/YD buttons is engaged.  This will enable you to turn on the AP and YD.  Click on the PFD to open up a side menu where you can select your CDI Source. Select FMS.  Then select AP on, YD on, and then NAV.

YES. This is the menu I managed to bring up in the MFD (not the PFD) and I definitely never hit this Menu button so there is another way to do it. Ah. Now I see it. I hit Split in the upper right of the MDF panel and then on the bottom you can select Map, FPL, etc. When done you hit Full (which takes over for the Split button).

Edited by Agrajag

On 8/24/2020 at 3:34 PM, marc1184 said:

Click on the PFD to open up a side menu where you can select your CDI Source. Select FMS. 

I give, where's the side menu?  Just trying this plane today and can't seem to find the CDI source selector. I assume I've not found the PFD!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X