Sign in to follow this  
ingoke

Kos by ORBX cuts framerate in half

After the disappointing London scenery I bought KOS today. Eventhough it´s a very small airport it cuts my framerates in half. Reinstalled it twice to be sure it´s the add-on. Now I ended up unstalling it for good because it only causes trouble. Dear ORBX team, please do some testing before you publish a new product. This makes no sense and ruines your good reputation. I won´t be buying any more add-ons, because I have the feeling that developers aren´t using the proper techniques to make things look good and work in FS 2020, yet.

I don't have this problem with Kos - it is absolutely fine.

But I do have it with Paris Charles De Gaulle...

(Heathrow and other large detailed airports are not a problem)

Edited by Nate1

I don't count frames, but I do notice visible tearing when paning the view with Kos installed.

So yes, there is something going on. 

But instead of posting this here, you should post it at ORBX, where feedback belongs.

6 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I don't count frames, but I do notice visible tearing when paning the view with Kos installed.

So yes, there is something going on. 

But instead of posting this here, you should post it at ORBX, where feedback belongs.

The information also belongs here, because this is the most active forum. I probably will visit the ORBX forum as well, but I wanted to share my disappointment. It seems to be a common problem right now. Developers want to publish their products too fast instead of taking more time to get it right. 

Edited by ingoke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1