Sign in to follow this  
Blat14

Live Traffic and weather anomalies

Did a short 10 mile  flight from Panshanger (a small grass strip near Welwyn Garden City) to Luton airport which is about 5 miles from where I live.

I set it to live weather and Live traffic.

I've seen mention of the live weather not working but I have to say it was pretty much spot on during this flight, clouds and winds exactly as they seemed outside.

Yesterday I did a flight over London and it was not showing the correct weather at all, it was showing clear skies and 4 Kt winds when in fact it was overcast and with about 20 Kt winds from the west, so it seems it's a bit hit & miss.

The live traffic on my trip today though was very strange. I used ATC to request a landing at Luton and got clearance to land. They should never have given that, as there was a real life jet about 3 miles behind my Cessna 152 coming in to land on the same runway (I could actually see this Jet from my house). About 1 mile out and coming in to land the Jet caught up with me and was overhead about 300 ft above when the in-game ATC told him to go around which he did, I landed (sucessfully :))  and could see the plane doing it's go around but also another one with the same number doing it's landing.

A bit later on I took off from Luton and did some circling at about 3000ft and stayed tuned to Luton tower and watched the real life Jets coming into land. Quite often one would be told to go around and you ended up with two jets of the same number. one doing the go around the other landing. Anyone else notice this bug?

Not seen that particular issue but also see weird stuff with real world traffic.The real world traffic would land at Salt Lake City and then disappear on the runway. I am considering switching to ai generated traffic.

There are numerous issues with the implementation of live data. "Ryanair you are 20,000 feet above your assigned altitude" comes to mind. It's almost as if they are arriving from a parallel universe, then promptly returning once landed.

Bernard

What i wonder: Is it only tube liners or ga traffic too, that is live?

I landed in vigo (spain) yesterday and got my clearence an everything. There was no other plane in atc. But right when i landed there was a ki plane (some 2 engine turboprop) atthe f*** runway. I landed anyway (dinner was ready 😄 ) and the other plane rolled of the runway and headed to a parking spot...

I also want to point out weather disagree with real data.

Tested several times, Most obvious difference is Baro Pressure and winds.

I compared real METAR's with whats FS2020 giving and sometime the Pressure is like 20-30 units inaccurate and so is wind speed/direction.

Cloud-wise it seems more accurate.

In flight planning, you can see a wireless symbol instead of the weather graphic representation, and wind on departure and arrival is --. That's when you know the weather is bugged and you have to restart.

• Upvote 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

On 8/23/2020 at 4:48 PM, EmaRacing said:

In flight planning, you can see a wireless symbol instead of the weather graphic representation, and wind on departure and arrival is --. That's when you know the weather is bugged and you have to restart.

Thanks for posting this.  Helped me out!

• Like 1

Warbird and GA pilot on P3Dv5 & MSFS

Dreamsofwings YouTube channel