Sign in to follow this  
JDLinn

Little Green Number ???

green_number.jpg

What is the "green number" (or whatever it is) to the right of the aircraft?  Thank you.

Doug

rtmm_signature.jpg

Now I'm pretty sure it is frame rates. I'm told this can be turned on and off in the "Developer" menu, but when I open that, there is nothing in it. (I'm using Steam).

rtmm_signature.jpg

Looks way more like another Dev mode debug info. You need to look in the menus, but the FPS indication looks very much different (and really can't be overlooked if it's on).

OK, thank you. When I open that Developer page, there is nothing on it ... I can only turn it off and on. Using "steam" wonder if something got lost in the download?

rtmm_signature.jpg

That looks a lot like Steam's fps counter. In the wrong place and doing weird things, but still.

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

When you turn on "Developer" mode, it creates a very narrow black "Menu" bar at the top of the MSFS screen.  When I first switched Developer mode on, I didn't immediately notice the bar and, like you, assumed it didn't do anything.  In that Menu bar are various tabs, one of which is labeled "Options" and underneath that is a "Display FPS" option. When you turn that on you'll see that it is not the cause of the "Little Green Number".

I agree with aktorsyl, that the number "looks a lot like Steam's fps counter. In the wrong place and doing weird things".  You can turn off the Steam counter by: Exit MSFS; Maximize the Steam window and, in the upper left hand corner select "Steam >> Settings"; Then select "In Game" and set the "In-game FPS counter" to "Off".  "OK" the "Settings" dialog; exit and restart Steam: and then restart MSFS.  If the green number hasn't gone away, I'm stumped.

• Like 1

Steve

OK, I found that little black bar ... top left of the MF2020 screen (I'll be darned!).  The FPS in it is turned off. I turned it on just to see what would happen, and got a very colorful FPS display ... pretty neat. Then I turned it off.  So the little green number doesn't seem to be coming from that.

In Steam, i have the gam FPS turned off ... but again wouldn't have known with out Aktorstyl's comment. So that is checked.  It sure acts like a frame rate and the numbers are about what I would expect for FPS. But the number doesn't change, it overwrites itself.  That's why it is so hard to see. But when I first start up (the first 10 seconds) the number is very clear and is about 30 ... then it gets overwritten.

It only shows in that External Camera view, doesn't show in the cockpit view. And sometimes it can be in a different position, but I think that is because I'm swinging the camera around. This isn't a "big deal" ... but makes be curious.  Appreciate the comments ... a great way to learn this sim is listen to you folks! Thank you.

Doug

rtmm_signature.jpg

Heads up.  When running in dev mode crashes get disabled by default, flight time isn't counted towards your pilot profile, flights might not log into log book, if landing challenge has 'new' icon, the icon doesn't dissapear even after landing in the challenge.

It looks like an overlay that has nothing to do with FS. Try and track down a external program that might do that and disable it