Sign in to follow this  
dpcnh1

Orbx - KSBA - Santa Barbara, CA

I've read all of the complaints about London City issues and they seemed warranted for sure.  I had purchased Orcas as I had it before and it was good value for previous owner.  Now, I just purchased KSBA through Orbx Central, as a previous owner, again great price.  I loaded up a flight there and literally spent the first 45 minutes, "walking around" with the showcase drone.  The detail, sounds, look and feel is outstanding.  Whether you have it for a previous version or this would be a new purchase, I highly recommend!

Edited by dpcnh1
typo
  • Like 3

Thanks for your brief review. Orbx released a number of new FS products today.

I was outspoken in my criticism of their London Landmarks. Orbx listened to us and has released an update. No reason to think they'll stop listening to us. Head over to their forums and report any issues you find. 

9 minutes ago, dpcnh1 said:

I've read all of the complaints about London City issues and they seemed warranted for sure.  I had purchased Orcas as I had it before and it was good value for previous owner.  Now, I just purchased KSBA through Orbx Central, as a previous owner, again great price.  I loaded up a flight there and literally spent the first 45 minutes, "walking around" with the showcase drone.  The detail, sounds, look and feel is outstanding.  Whether you have it for a previous version or this would be a new purchase, I highly recommend!

Thanks for your quick review, I’m thinking about purchasing, I want to support these developers in the msfs market in hopes to get more releases. 

• Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

And just to add after an additional flight.  Night Lighting at the airport is Outstanding!

• Like 1

I wanted to resurrect this thread as I too have been enjoying ORBX's KSBA airport, but somewhere between their own update via the ORBX Central utility and the most recent MSFS update the rather fun hispanic styled airport buildings have disappeared. I sense the ORBX support guys on their dedicated forum are running out of suggestions, so just thought I'd ask if anyone else has experienced this sort of issue with KSBA or any other scenery for that matter...

Cheers,

Nick

1 hour ago, staib said:

I wanted to resurrect this thread as I too have been enjoying ORBX's KSBA airport, but somewhere between their own update via the ORBX Central utility and the most recent MSFS update the rather fun hispanic styled airport buildings have disappeared. I sense the ORBX support guys on their dedicated forum are running out of suggestions, so just thought I'd ask if anyone else has experienced this sort of issue with KSBA or any other scenery for that matter...

Cheers,

Nick

My ORBX KSBA is fine. I do follow a procedure with every MSFS update, and that is to uninstall the ORBX scenery and install it again. I do this just to be sure that everything is there. So far all my ORBX scenery is in good shape. Just a thought.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I had a similar issue with the Key West (KEYW) scenery from FSDreamteam. On initial purchase, the terminal would not display. I removed all my scenery from the community folder and the airport displayed normally. Using FS Addons Linker (highly recommended) I was able to trace it down to a conflicting add-on. Now I only enable scenery I the areas where I intend to fly.

Hope this helps,

Dan

12 minutes ago, indianadan said:

I had a similar issue with the Key West (KEYW) scenery from FSDreamteam. On initial purchase, the terminal would not display. I removed all my scenery from the community folder and the airport displayed normally. Using FS Addons Linker (highly recommended) I was able to trace it down to a conflicting add-on. Now I only enable scenery I the areas where I intend to fly.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Actually, this is excellent advice. I have done this many times as well, and often traced the problem to some other addon file causing the problem.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Thanks guys,

So far I have deleted KSBA using the orbx Central utility, cleared rolling cache, reinstalled it but no joy. The orbx utility indicates that it is properly installed, and I've been through the Santa Barbara file structure within the Community folder and confirmed all is in there correctly. I've also tried removing everything else from the Community folder, rebooting the PC and then launching MSFS with only the Santa Barbara folder in the Community folder. Still no joy.

Photogrammetry and Bing data are enabled.

I've tried deleting the Content.xml file then restarting MSFS - it rebuilds it as expected. That didn't work.

I've also done the deleting, then uninstalling KSBA, rebooting the PC, reinstalling KSBA, and relaunching MSFP - Nope.

The in-game Content Manager shows that KSBA is installed (v 1.0.1) - actually in game I can see parts of the install like the jetways and cargo containers on the runway nearby, but not a single building.  

The issue can be replicated by removing the modelLib.BGL, which suggests that for some reason MSFS is not reading this file.

(File location: KSBA Santa Barbara Municipal Airport\Community\orbx-airport-ksba-santa-barbara\scenery\Orbx\KSBA\modelLib.BGL)

The last suggestion was to remove that BGL file then use orbx Central to check the whole folder for integrity and let it install the latest version, which it did. No change.

So any further suggestions will be warmly received!

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by staib
typo and clarity

As a quick follow up - in case others with the same issue find this thread - the only solution that worked was uninstalling via ORBX Central - getting a refund, then re-purchasing via the MSFS Marketplace itself. Not sure why this worked as the files are identical but work it did.

• Like 1