Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The stutters, no matter how powerful your rig is..

I am willing to try anything but i can not find the V Sync setting in Nvidia Inspector

I have half refresh rate, do you mean that or i have fast sync but not the half sync you mention?

Cheers

Paul

On 8/29/2020 at 12:04 AM, Pulsepowered said:

Here’s mine with vsync locked @ 60. No edits, just raw video. Taken with an iphone from my 4k tv. 
I am now a believer that it’s not all about FPS. It’s about a well balanced system 
i5-9600k @ 4.3 ; RTX 2060 Super ; 32gb RAM; Samsung NVME 

this....i'm using ISS along with SpecialK and everything goes smooth as butter...

Edited by tangerine

On 8/29/2020 at 5:04 AM, Pulsepowered said:

Here’s mine with vsync locked @ 60. No edits, just raw video. Taken with an iphone from my 4k tv. 
I am now a believer that it’s not all about FPS. It’s about a well balanced system 
i5-9600k @ 4.3 ; RTX 2060 Super ; 32gb RAM; Samsung NVME 

Exactly: it all is about finding the balance between your hardware and software on one side and the balance between performance and detail on the other side ...

Well done 👌

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Exactly: it all is about finding the balance between your hardware and software on one side and the balance between performance and detail on the other side ...

Well done 👌

And it's always been that way no matter what simulator.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

On 8/28/2020 at 5:03 PM, Noel said:

This is the magic of vsync to 30Hz:  relaxes everything, and that is a very good thing considering the state of hardware currently, even the highest end hardware.  This refresh rate bias I believe is a hold over from CRT days--there is nothing significantly different about 30 and 60, beyond the ACTUAL frame rate delivered.  Put another way, in a double-blinded test, w/ frames FIXED at 30, and presuming totally smooth runtime video, the most viewers WILL NOT appreciate the difference between 30Hz and 60Hz screens.  My panning and video is totally smooth, with well-distributed CPU use amongst 8 cores I'm using.  

Yes. At 30 FPS smooth and locked over New York, with stormy weather, I had 45 percent evenly spaced on my 8 thread cpu.... and 80 to 90 percent on the GPU. Just 5GB of VRAM (from 8 😎 )and 12GB (from 32) of system RAM.

It looked superb...(just a shame about the toy plane I was riding in!)

Maxing out ANY component should be avoided.

But... I started at Medium settings and worked up....as opposed to the opposite, which is always going to end in tears 🥴💔💔💔

1 hour ago, Gabe777 said:

But... I started at Medium settings and worked up....as opposed to the opposite, which is always going to end in tears 🥴💔💔💔

So true.  It's great to have built-in upside for when the hardware can exploit it.  The mistake is to think you're supposed to be able to run at those settings, else something is wrong.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

That's a great video.

It helped me get rid of my bad stutters during scenery load.

The ONE setting that made the BIG difference for me was turning off ambient occlusion. My 1080GTX just can't handle it.

Cheers

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

What does ambient occlusion do?   There have been quite a few settings/sliders that simply don't deliver relative to the processing cost.  AI must be one of those?

Noel

21 hours ago, Bunchy said:

That's a great video.

It helped me get rid of my bad stutters during scenery load.

The ONE setting that made the BIG difference for me was turning off ambient occlusion. My 1080GTX just can't handle it.

Cheers

Stu

Really?  I have a 1070 and everything on medium and sliders at 100 deliver a good experience.  Is it a CPU difference?

Zero stutters here with everything on ultra at 5760x1080 except for when I am running something that uses simconnect. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Edited by J0nx

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

1 hour ago, Sticky said:

Really?  I have a 1070 and everything on medium and sliders at 100 deliver a good experience.  Is it a CPU difference?

I've been playing and ambient occlusion doesn't have too much of an effect on making stutters worse if I have it on low.

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Disabling the rolling cache and reducing car traffic to 30, which was unreal for small roads anyway, got rid of 99,9% of the stutters. 

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

1 hour ago, Noel said:

What does ambient occlusion do?   There have been quite a few settings/sliders that simply don't deliver relative to the processing cost.  AI must be one of those?

Ambient occlusion shadows the lower part of buildings where they join the terrain and make them look more part of the scenery. You can see the effect if you park facing a terminal building and go through the settings from low to ultra.

These shadows used to be baked in in earlier sims, but it's done in real time now.

My stutter issue was weirdly caused by my iCue software by Corsair.  I end the task in task manager before each time I fly, and it has done away with the bad stuttering.  I mean it happens occasionally, but nowhere near as bad as it was when iCue was running...like maybe once or twice during an hour flight.

Edited by marc1184