Sign in to follow this  
azulkb

beginner feeling

Well, I'm back,

so I haven't read too many reviews, and starting as I am I don't understand 80% of the terms used by the pros here anyway. My experience has been very satisfying, and the framerate is here. I play in ultra, scale at 120, but in HD, so not so demanding in this resolution for my rig. (see the signature).

I've set all the difficulties to the maximum. i play with an HOTAS (x-56)

I followed the missions of the tutorial, I had trouble only on mission 3 which put me in failure because even if my takeoff was successful, I had forgotten to set the right engine richness, to make the climb to the speeds requested by the lesson. I had trouble only on mission 3, then also on the last one because my flight times do not correspond at all to the times estimated in the small nav log. It does not indicate how fast these estimated times are associated, but after 2 tries I succeeded.

After the lessons I wanted to make a cold start and make a first VFR flight LESQUIN (LFQQ) until complete stop on runway 24, CALAIS (LFAC) following the right circuits, checklists, atc.  With cub savage. Estimated time on navlog 27 minutes. I put two times more... the compass is small...., no gps, I had a hard time with this compass to follow the course, and I got lost in it, so I cheated a bit... by announcing as soon as the airport of arrival was in the range of the ATC, my position. (which I didn't know, but my avatar does...) and I was able to reorient myself as the position was announced. I then made a circuit (I asked for a 24 left, I think I made a right...) but I still made the circuit and landed very cleanly.

What is really missing is to be able to record your flight, to be able to ask advice to professionals ... because on this first flight I had to make tons of mistakes...

The oil indicator on the cub was in yellow. I don't know if that's normal.

I just have to dive into the many guides to do things even more cleanly and also to learn how to find my way in the air.

Edited by azulkb
  • Like 7

Sounds to me like you're doing okay.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Way to go azulkb! Starting out is always like that, especially if you have no real world experience with aviation. Keep at it and you'll pick it up in no time. 👍

• Like 2

Sounds like an awesome start. You're doing a great job.

Also, on the oil indicator - that's an issue on the C172 too. Seems the oil pressure is perpetually too low. Should be in the green at start up, but it's not.

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, azulkb said:

Well, I'm back
I just have to dive into the many guides to do things even more cleanly and also to learn how to find my way in the air.

A good start. Look at this thread, plenty to read 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

for a beginner, you are doing extraordinarily well.

no complaints, just flying, kudus.

there are some good instruction vids on youtube(squirell).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, azulkb said:

The oil indicator on the cub was in yellow. I don't know if that's normal.

The engine instruments are mostly decoration.  There is just enough processing to drive an animation and it's not accurate.  In other words, not a lot of systems depth. 🙂 Not unlike stock FSX.

At some point I'll get ambitious and fix the engine instruments and post the changes needed.  It's good to know I'm not the only one who notices the engine instruments.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;