Sign in to follow this  
TomPi

C172 Steam gauge version DME

I can't find a DME readout in the non G100 Cessna 172. Is this a bug/to be expected? Or maybe I'm just blind/ don't know where to look? Help, please?

Just now, TomPi said:

I can't find a DME readout in the non G100 Cessna 172. Is this a bug/to be expected? Or maybe I'm just blind/ don't know where to look? Help, please?

Yeah no DME in the steam gauge 172. I always liked DME as I could get as close to a VOR as possible before switching my radio to the next VOR. I like steam gauges better but the DME gauge was really handy.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

On a similar note. Has anyone managed to set a simple VOR frequency in the XCub? Looks somehow broken to me.

Iñigo Bildarratz

14 minutes ago, TomPi said:

Not a bug. That's typical GPS equipped "steam gauge" planes these days. GPS will give you your distance information. Unfortunately the way the GPS is implemented in MSFS leaves a little bit to be desired, but there are a couple of ways to get it based on your particular scenario. Quick and dirty, just enter direct to whatever navaid, fix, or airport you are looking for and that will give you distance to that point.

• Upvote 1

Chris

I noticed the 152 is lacking DME too, there's literally a blanker in the radio stack where it should be. A bit odd for an aircraft with two sliding type CDI.

Very surprised the steam 172 is lacking it though, you'd expect that to be fully IFR kitted out. Does it have an EGT gauge?

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I don't have FS2020 yet. But in FSX it was pretty easy to add whatever radios you wanted into an aircraft panel. I  did it on almost every GA plane I flew. It's the first thing I study how to do whenever a new version of Flight simulator comes out.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.