Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Anyone having the hard drift when landing issue ?

Seem  a lot of user are having the Hard Drift when landing or takeoff . I have the Thrustmaster Warthog , using Saitek rudder pedals , I am currently facing this hard drive left when landing . I manage to land centerline then I get this hard drift left that pulls the aircraft to the left drastically , when trying to correct this it gets even worst it lift from one side. Doesn't matter the weather . 

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

2 hours ago, mr340 said:

Seem  a lot of user are having the Hard Drift when landing or takeoff . I have the Thrustmaster Warthog , using Saitek rudder pedals , I am currently facing this hard drive left when landing . I manage to land centerline then I get this hard drift left that pulls the aircraft to the left drastically , when trying to correct this it gets even worst it lift from one side. Doesn't matter the weather . 

I have the Sidewinder Precision 2 and the same pedals as you have, I get this drift on landing and takeoff, I thought it was just me.

In the C172 for example, as soon as I put the power on, it immediately pulls to the left, keeping it straight with the rudder is a challenge. 

Same with landing, as you say I'm finding I need to use rudder straight away even when on the centre line, are you also finding the pedals are very sensitive as well? 

This evening I tried the New York 747 landing challenge, very messy landings with that, it's like trying to land an oil tanker ship in choppy waters...or is it just me! On touching down I cant keep the word not allowed thing straight!

Torque effect with single props..

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, james37611 said:

I have the Sidewinder Precision 2 and the same pedals as you have, I get this drift on landing and takeoff, I thought it was just me.

In the C172 for example, as soon as I put the power on, it immediately pulls to the left, keeping it straight with the rudder is a challenge. 

Same with landing, as you say I'm finding I need to use rudder straight away even when on the centre line, are you also finding the pedals are very sensitive as well? 

This evening I tried the New York 747 landing challenge, very messy landings with that, it's like trying to land an oil tanker ship in choppy waters...or is it just me! On touching down I cant keep the word not allowed thing straight!

This happen to me on every single aircraft . The rudder is too sensitive I realize that now that I hardly touch the rudder I can land on the centerline without issue. I did however made some correction might seem odd but there is an option to configure left /right rudder axis . I just set each axis to it corresponding control. In other sim one axis would control the rudder either if it was left or right rudder the same axis would control all. Now with this new sim you can assign rudder axis individually which came to a surprise to me. It is giving me better control but I try not to aggressively use the rudder. Its like trying not to wake up a baby lol 

Edited by mr340

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

13 hours ago, james37611 said:

This is most definitely normal and exists in the real aircraft too. As the prop speeds up it has a torque effect and if you don’t apply right rudder and dance on those rudder pedals to hold the center line, you will go farming.

• Like 3

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Thank you, so used to the old physics it's hard to tell, especially as I've barely used a C172 or any GA since MS2004!

I'm not a pilot either, I drive coaches so I've no idea on real physics, but saying about the prop that does make sense now!

However, would it still be right that the 747 is rather wobbly? I did manage to see a video of someone else doing the same challenge having the same thing, saying it feels like flying the 747 on the moon, which made me chuckle!