Sign in to follow this  
Pathfinder633

stand alone USB hat switch

Does such a thing exist?.

I have butchered my X52 Joystick to represent a full length central stick as in aircraft like a cub, but in the process have lost all the switches on it including the hat.

Does anyone do a usb hat switch?, or alternatively would getting one of those game console type controllers and plugging that in as well give me a hat switch function in FS 2020?

FS2020 doesnt give me the option to map the view movement to anything else at all.

Pathfinder,

As you have said, there is no real point to a USB hatswitch if you cannot map it to anything remotely resembling the old "PAN" function. Hopefully it will come. It would be nice to be able to map it to the internal, external and to the drone cameras. To my knowledge, there simply is no Pan view function at all, and, if anyone knows if there is can they please let us all know where and what the map function is.

I think everyone has a work-around but it involves more than one key I believe.  

I am genuinely hoping that I am wrong in the first instance and right in assuming/hoping that it may come in the fullness of time.

Have faith me hearties,

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

i dont get this???? ofcourse there is a pan view function, use it all the time on a xbox controller.

OK. So tell us how to do it on a Saitek X52. Inquiring minds want (nay, need) to know. Mine included.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Am I understanding this post correctly?

You have an X52 (or similar joystick) and dont know how to get the POV hat working in FS2020?

Map your POV hat’s up/down/left/right to:

Cameras\Cockpit:  cockpit look left, cockpit look right, cockpit look up, cockpit look down

Also, if you want to use the POV hat in external or drone cam mode you should map:

External: External View Look Up/Down/Left/Right

Drone: Pitch Drone Up/Down

Drone: Yaw Drone Left/Right 

5 hours ago, Pathfinder633 said:

Does such a thing exist?.

I have butchered my X52 Joystick to represent a full length central stick as in aircraft like a cub, but in the process have lost all the switches on it including the hat.

Does anyone do a usb hat switch?, or alternatively would getting one of those game console type controllers and plugging that in as well give me a hat switch function in FS 2020?

FS2020 doesnt give me the option to map the view movement to anything else at all.

If you can get your hands on a Logitech F310 USB game controller that might be what you're looking for. Here are the assignments I use for the F310. The POV is controlled by the 8-way D-pad and the drone is controlled by the 2 joysticks.

You can also assign the external camera views to the D-pad controller at the same time. It will warn you that you've already assigned them but you can disregard that and it will work fine.

50262427088_837d48be65_c.jpg

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

4 hours ago, paj said:

Am I understanding this post correctly?

You have an X52 (or similar joystick) and dont know how to get the POV hat working in FS2020?

The problem isn't getting it working. The problem is getting it to pan.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Why not just use a second joystick?

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

8 minutes ago, W2DR said:

The problem isn't getting it working. The problem is getting it to pan.

Just go to the controller options and map the commands I listed above to your POV hat. 
You can then use the hat to pan your view in the cockpit, external and drone cam modes 

Edited by paj

11 minutes ago, paj said:

Just go to the controller options and map the commands I listed above to your POV hat. 
You can then use the hat to pan in the cockpit, external and drone cam modes 

They are all mapped that way now. Doesn't pan. What I want is one continuous motion not just right, left, up, and down snap views.

13 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Why not just use a second joystick?

I may have to do that Bob. I have an old Thrustmaster T16000M sitting here but I hate to have to use it because I have VERY limited desk space. (Or, just stick with P3D 😀...........)

5 minutes ago, W2DR said:

They are all mapped that way now. Doesn't pan. What I want is one continuous motion not just right, left, up, and down snap views.

If you have snap views, then you have it mapped to quick view left and right (default, unfortunately) not look left and right.  My hat is working great, but for whatever weird reason, Asobo chose not to map it as default, you have to do it yourself

Edited by ShawnG

6 minutes ago, W2DR said:

I have a Saitek AV8R which I know is not an X52 but the same commands I show in my screenshot, when mapped to my hat switch on my AV8R make it work exactly like it does in FSX and P3D.

Could it be a problem with just the X52s?

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

39 minutes ago, W2DR said:

If your views are snapping and not panning you have likely mapped your POV hat to the wrong commands.

Try to find the precise commands I listed above.

eg Camera\Cockpit camera\cockpit look left

Don’t map to  “Cockpit quicklook left” 

You should end up with X52 mappings something like this:

c3SLvOS.jpg

Edited by paj
  • Like 1

On my X55 I have mine mapped as above and the pan works beautifully. Only thing I haven't figured is how to get rid of the transition effect. I prefer it to be like the FSX/P3D "locked spot" view which just moves and stops with no slow transition.

But the pan otherwise works as expected.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors