Sign in to follow this  
Pathfinder633

stand alone USB hat switch

2 hours ago, ShawnG said:

If you have snap views, then you have it mapped to quick view left and right (default, unfortunately) not look left and right.  My hat is working great, but for whatever weird reason, Asobo chose not to map it as default, you have to do it yourself

Well, they're all mapped to "look" and still no joy. I guess I'll just take Bob's advice and add-in the Thrustmaster. Thanks for all the help........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

hey i mapped my x52 pov hat switch to look left and look right etc but no matter what i do it always give me a quick left and right an re-centers the view. I hate that. any ideas to get the x52 hat to allow fully free move,movement . i really dislike this change

i just want to freely move about the interior with the pov switch

3 hours ago, pkofman said:

hey i mapped my x52 pov hat switch to look left and look right etc but no matter what i do it always give me a quick left and right an re-centers the view. I hate that. any ideas to get the x52 hat to allow fully free move,movement . i really dislike this change

i just want to freely move about the interior with the pov switch

If your X52 had quicklook pre-mapped and you simply mapped the POV to "look" then you might still have quickview mapped.  MSFS2020 allows multiple functions to be mapped to the same button or axis.  Something the FSX did not allow.  That's why you can use the POV for all the different camera functions in External and "Drone" mode.

I would go back into your mappings, Filter by input, and then choose each one of your POV directions and make sure you don't have any that are dual mapped.  If they are, "clear input" on the function you DON'T want mapped.  

That's what I had to do with my Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X.  I had to unmap all the POV functions first and then map them to what I wanted because simply mapping them doesn't overwrite the old command.  It just adds to it,  So unmapping before you map is a way to ensure you only have the functions you want mapped.

On the plus side, I can map all my multi-engine throttles to my single throttle axis now without needing FSUIPC to do so.   So that's a win.  My CH Products Flight Sim Yoke didn't have a built in profile, so I had to build that one from scratch