Sign in to follow this  
maniamcool

No update/patch since launch, what's going on?

other than the "Development update" on the 20th, has Asobo communicated any release date for upcoming patches or hotfixes??

It has not even been a week since the launch, give them some time.

• Like 8

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Too many bugs to address. The known issues list is still at "installation issues"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, maniamcool said:

other than the "Development update" on the 20th, has Asobo communicated any release date for upcoming patches or hotfixes??

Well did you read the "Development Update"? Because that answers your question.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, stans said:

It has not even been a week since the launch, give them some time.

Every other developer witth such a huge list of bugs usually presents a day one patch!

39 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/august-20th-2020-development-update/

The team is currently working hard to provide a patch update to address issues that have been recently reported. Expect a release date for the patch in our August 27th update.

So they are saying they are going to update us after almost 10 days about the release date of a patch?!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

4 minutes ago, chatman said:

So they are saying they are going to update us after almost 10 days about the release date of a patch?!

Mmm, yeah... sounds about right.  

I think I'll spend the time flying. 🙂 

Hook

• Like 5

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Holy cow, the impatience level is off the charts not even a full week after launch.

Breathe a little, go fly. The sim is amazing and fully functional despite teething issues.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

9 minutes ago, chatman said:

Every other developer witth such a huge list of bugs usually presents a day one patch!

Every other developer normally has a confined game world where it's much easier to pin down issues, they don't normally have the whole planet to pin them down. It's also a myth to say they dish out a day one patch as well, many don't!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, styckx said:

Holy cow, the impatience level is off the charts not even a full week after launch.

Breathe a little, go fly. The sim is amazing and fully functional despite teething issues.

And thats exactly the problem: many can't fly because they get crashes after minutes or even seconds after entering the game. I was one of them but was lucky enough to find a solution posted by fellow simmer (not MS!) which worked for me. But many still suffer from those crashes and for them the announcement from Asobo regarding the patch is not accepable. I'm not talking about cosmetical issues or some flight systems that are modelled incorrectly but these basic issues need to be addressed fdast and I wonder why these did not get fixed in the beta period

Edited by chatman

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

My impression is that the guys in Asobo and their partners are really dedicated to this product.

Don't forget they've set the bar very very high this time. I will respect that and I will be patient for them to give their best. I wish they would fix all problems yesterday because I'm really angushing to see the sim at its true potential, but as a software engineer I know it's not realistic.

Edited by V2-Rotate
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, chatman said:

And thats exactly the problem: many can't fly because they get crashes after minutes or even seconds after entering the game. I was one of them but was lucky enough to find a solution posted by fellow simmer (not MS!) which worked for me. But many still suffer from those crashes and for them the announcement from Asobo regarding the patch is not accepable. I'm not talking about cosmetical issues or some flight systems that are modelled incorrectly but these basic issues need to be addressed fdast and I wonder why these did not get fixed in the beta period

Ahem... you answer yourself, didn't you? If you found a solution yourself it's likely Asobo hardly can reproduce and fix it on day zero.

They had some distribution / installation bugs identified and fixed/worked around during roll out.

They also seemingly rectified some "game-play" stuff on the back-end without touching the clients and without any public announcement (that is weird, imo)

Many other problems will need time to be reproduced-identified-fixed...

Edited by Marco Manieri

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

It's not uncommon for a new game release to have a day one patch. 

It's ok to have patience, yes, true, but it's also OK to question why there wasn't a day one patch or why it requires a date to announce another date for a patch.

Maybe it's better to put out a huge patch all at once instead of a few, quick, small ones?

But it's kind of sad that so many people are quick to get riled up over people posting a simple question. 

Maybe the tone of the replies are lost in translation of a post, but really, on a forum, people can't state their disappointments?

Some people must be great to get a beer with:

Friend one, I wish they had deliver my new huge TV, it was suppose to have arrived last night.

Friend 2: Oh, shut up you impatient fool. It will come when it comes. Now shut up, and wait...who do you think you are, a customer? You think you are always right?

(I would rather get this reply) Yeah, it would have been great to get some patches after a day or two, but be patient, it will get better.

But then again, the times are a-changing...some people quick to post back harshly. 

• Upvote 1

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Their communication is very bad. You learn close to zero things in their "dev updates". Not a single word about autopilot issue or missing airports. 

Edited by Aaron555

6 minutes ago, Aaron555 said:

Their communication is very bad. You learn close to zero things in their "dev updates". Not a single word about autopilot issue or missing airports. 

They spoke on both during the livestream I believe. They certainly paid lip service to auto pilot.

• Like 1