Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

New "stutter fix" circulating.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Version 10.0.61259.0 here.

I have 62615 but again, I've never had stutters even in P3D when people were complaining about it. I seem to get stutters in FS20 but only when I load LNM and when there are multiplayers loaded in, but won't get stutters when I use FltPlanGo so go figure. If you're able to get the latest SimConnect I would try to uninstall all versions of SimConnect reboot and try. I have a high level of confidence that it has something to do with SimConnect.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

6 hours ago, Tektolnes said:

Must try this Project Lasso. The game is absolutely smooth for me until I move the mouse and the pointer appears on screen. Instantly the display starts getting choppy even though the Afterburner FPS counter stays showing the same rate. Once the mouse pointer disappears if I alt-tab out and back in again I'm back to completely smooth again. As I only fly GA right now this is the only technical issue I have with the game at all so would be great to get it sorted.

Using Project Lasso mostly fixed the above issue for me. It's not 100% perfect but definitely way less choppy and can live with it until hopefully they deliver a fix.

Using Lasso, my simulator actually runs worse.
Looks like broken gsync or something.

uninstalled and now somewhat smooth again, until i use glass cockpit ofcourse.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I've been trying to track down what everyone means by stutters, and I *think* (but don't know) there are two different types of stutters happening, and I'm curious if there's any consensus on this...

My stutters manifest periodically, and has been reported as "CPU spikes" and the like. In other words, everything is peachy keen, vsync on perfectly smooth for 5 minutes of flying, then for 3-10 seconds I'll see all my cores spike to 100% and I'll get a drop of anywhere from 3-15 FPS, then all is back to normal again for some period between 2 mins and 15 mins... Now, this looks and feels like a scenery loading issue, whether Terrain or Object.

So, my question for now is...is this what you're all talking about with stutters, or are you seeing and trying to solve constant stutters? Just trying to get the definitions right here so that we can better apply solutions that have worked for others with similar symptoms...

I've tried many if not all of the solutions from reddit, from the MSFS forum and from here, but I think I might be chasing solutions for a problem I don't have...but since I was easily able to repeat the CPU spike to 100% on two separate machines, I can't believe it is isolated and I'm surprised everyone isn't seeing this...or maybe they are and that's what we're all talking about?

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Stutters eliminated, plus everything to Ultra in 1980x1080p

I have an i5 7400 3.0 ghz cpu gtx1060 3gb vram 16gb ram

I have no Hyperthreading

But i read on the internet that this i5 7400 is specially made for gaming. 

Though it doesnt have hyperthreading it has

"Intel Virtualization Technology" that has to be enabled in Bios setup

XMP Extreme Memory Profile, also enabled in Bios

Once i did this and set my Samsung monitor that has Freesynch technology (better than V-synch)

(at 1080p resolution since i dont have 4k yet) stutters are gone and fps are soooo smooth

Always check your Boot motherboard cpu setup, you might find tweaks than can be enabled that make a whole difference in gaming

• Like 1

Another stutter cure to try...

Invisible-Man-Porky-Movie-Mystery.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Another stutter cure to try...

I think a pretty large proportion of daily posts for the last decade or so have been what I call "Eureka!!" posts.

Logically, if most (or even just a few) of them actually worked, we would, after all these years, be running our various legacy sims butter smooth at a minimum of 60FPS by now.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

13 minutes ago, kapitan said:

"Intel Virtualization Technology" that has to be enabled in Bios setup

Is this documented somewhere, or are you saying that you were having stutters, you went into BIOS, enabled virtualization tech, and then without changing anything else returned to MSFS and your stutters were gone? (honestly asking)

39 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

is this what you're all talking about with stutters, or are you seeing and trying to solve constant stutters

Primarily yes, thanks for summarizing it correctly. I believed from the beginning that this issue only came up after 100s of thousands of people accessed the servers at the same time. Otherwise, we would have seen it during the Alpha testing.

The remainder is the occasional stutter that all sims have sometimes.

Hans

Just now, cwburnett said:

Is this documented somewhere, or are you saying that you were having stutters, you went into BIOS, enabled virtualization tech, and then without changing anything else returned to MSFS and your stutters were gone? (honestly asking)

i

am saying exactly that.

Had stutters (some long)  and microstutters.

Touched anything. Went to Bios and enabled the fore-mentioned options and it looks a complete new machine! 

10 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I think a pretty large proportion of daily posts for the last decade or so have been what I call "Eureka!!" posts.

Logically, if most (or even just a few) of them actually worked, we would, after all these years, be running our various legacy sims butter smooth at a minimum of 60FPS by now.

have you got:

Freesynch?

XMP ?

IVT (Intel Virtualization Technology) ? (another type of hyperthread)

you dont have? right

keep talking

Edited by kapitan
  • Like 1

Freesynch? -> FREESYNC

For some reason people always call it FreesyncH...

IVT is not "another type of hyperthread", sorry. Virtualization is something completely different.

OT:

Installed Lasso, started Neo in LA, I am getting 36fps static on the ground on Ultra with GTX 1080TI. Some 40 outside. After takeoff, I experience extreme stutters. Changing that thing in Lasso does nothing.

However, I observed an interesting thing. Disabling HT cores in Lasso instantly changes the FPS from 44 to about 19.

Still, the best way for me to achieve smoothness is set whatever FPS I want in the driver directly (limiter). I am setting 32fps, and set my screen to 32Hz. And voila. Perfect smoothness, and no stutters really.

14 minutes ago, kapitan said:

have you got:

Freesynch?

XMP ?

IVT (Intel Virtualization Technology) ? (another type of hyperthread)

you dont have? right

keep talking

Okay I will.

And actually no, I don't have any of that active as part of an attempt to modify the behavior of a flight Sim. Some of that may be enabled as part of the regular running of a modern computer.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Not sure whether  to use HT or not. OC’d 8086K (=binned 8700K) to 5.0, decent (50-60 Celsius) temps on water. Adding HT will surely add heat. Gave it a quick try but didn’t notice much (except temps reaching 80).

Been using Lasso for years, might give this tweak a try and report back.

As for Intel Virtualization Technology, I don’t think I ever bothered with this before. Seems a bit random, I’ll hold off with that one.

Biggest results for me with stutters has been:

1. Limiting FPS to 30 using Rivatuner
  2. Upgrading my internet connection 

Edited by flavik77
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

27 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Otherwise, we would have seen it during the Alpha testing.

Yea, it was new for me too. But since it happens even when totally disconnected from the network and with the bing data off in the data options page, it can't be network-related, right?