Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

New "stutter fix" circulating.

13 minutes ago, SimonC said:

Still, the best way for me to achieve smoothness is set whatever FPS I want in the driver directly (limiter). I am setting 32fps, and set my screen to 32Hz. And voila. Perfect smoothness, and no stutters really.

So that's me most of the time. 90% of the time, I'm totally smooth with 30hz and vsync or with 60hz, 31fps lock adaptive half refresh in NCP - both work great and are smooth, except for the behavior I described where there's a 100% CPU spike every so often for a few seconds. Are you saying you don't observe CPU spikes that slow you down every so often?

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

No - I'm out.

I'm definitely NOT willed to (again) frickle around with external tools for whatever reason. That process lasso thing reminds me of a time we should have left far behind... (OOM, VAS, memory leak, threads,... you guys still remember? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards, Sebastian

9 hours ago, Mazen87 said:

This is becoming stutter fix simulator rather than flight simulator. try and have patience and it will get fixed very soon hopefully when the patch on the 27th roll out. The simulator isnt going anywhere. Hakuna matata.

To clarify, on the 27th is when they will announce the date of the patch.

• Like 1

Eric 

I would say I do. Not regularly, but like if something is loading for couple of seconds, all cores go to 100%, FPS drop somewhat, and after couple of seconds all is well again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fly_edds said:

No - I'm out.

I'm definitely NOT willed to (again) frickle around with external tools for whatever reason. That process lasso thing reminds me of a time we should have left far behind... (OOM, VAS, memory leak, threads,... you guys still remember? :rolleyes:

I hear you. I think the general hope and feeling is that this is a bug that was introduced between beta and release, and should be fixable. So while we're all flailing around looking for solutions, my real expectation is that this is temporary and this problem will get fixed from the software side and won't require this craziness. If not, I agree, this isn't a good look for MSFS.

It is worth saying that some of the fixes are part of a larger P3D (or XP?) PTSD - people had already made non-default adjustments to their PCs, so some of this is just undoing that stuff and getting the BIOS and OS back to default...

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Definitely Simconnect plays a part.  I had Little Nav Map running, then suddenly massive stutters, unplayable. Terminated it, and all was smooth again.  Not the total answer, but anything SC related, influences the stuttering. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

When set up Little Nav Map connection, uncheck fetching AI planes etc, that eliminates the stutters. 

47 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Definitely Simconnect plays a part.  I had Little Nav Map running, then suddenly massive stutters, unplayable. Terminated it, and all was smooth again.  Not the total answer, but anything SC related, influences the stuttering. 

• Like 2

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

So that's me most of the time. 90% of the time, I'm totally smooth with 30hz and vsync or with 60hz, 31fps lock adaptive half refresh in NCP - both work great and are smooth, except for the behavior I described where there's a 100% CPU spike every so often for a few seconds. Are you saying you don't observe CPU spikes that slow you down every so often?

I have that spikes also and it happens when CPU goes to 100% without any (visible) reason... it is not related with low FPS. 

Oh god please tell me we are not already entering the phase of chasing desperate stutter fixes ala old P3D hacks and configuration editing!

This was the main reason I gave up on P3D!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, fly_edds said:

No - I'm out.

This ^^^^

Besides, MSFS still has optimization patches coming and the 100 percent CPU spikes are probably game related and there’s probably nothing you can do about them at the moment!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

I don’t have any cpu spikes. Just very occasional gpu spikes. 

2080ti

32gb ram

9900ks 5ghz watercooled HT on. 
gsync 3840x1600

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

Try to disable AI / MP planes in the connect options of LNM. I'm using it this way (as suggested by the author) and never had stutters (only the "loading spikes" once in a while, nothing unbearable and unrelated with SimConnect)

• Like 1

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

So I disabled Windows dynamic thread priority boosts in Lasso. Can't really tell if it's better, but it's certainly not worse.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Hey Yall,  

I see you guys are talking about the CPU load spikes. I was having those as well, especially at altitude when I had a decently long flight plan in.   

I was given a link that suggested removing the VFR map from the UI drop down.   (Its located in the ingame UI, under the 'cog' symbol.)

While it didn't fix the issue 100% it was an incredibly better experience.  The spikes were much less frequent and shorter in length.   

Hope this helps as it sure made me happy!  

(edit: I should probably add that you shouldn't run the VFR map at all after you remove it from the drop down options.)

Edited by JughedJones
  • Upvote 1