Sign in to follow this  
Silverchip

Around the World (Circumnavigation and sightseeing)

Hello Everyone.

Call me crazy but I've decided to start a 'round the world' adventure. This will not be a race but a discovery and sightseeing trip. It is based partly on “the big tour” by Mr. Lew Dow but I modified it for my purpose.

It should comprise a little more than 700 Legs which will cover more than 100,000 Nm!

I've already done about 1/3 of it previously on Xplane but I am completely redoing it in MSFS 2020.

I am recording all the legs on Youtube as a record and proof I am doing it.

The motivation behind it is that it is something i would have loved to do in real life. I hope also that the people who might watch it can get an idea of how beautiful the world is.

You are of course welcome to see the episodes and they will be mostly without commentaries. I hope that if you do watch some of them, that you will enjoy them.

I'll be using the Daher TBM 930 for longer legs and the Beechcraft Bonanza for legs that are shorter and/or call for a plane that do not go as fast as the Daher.

Here is the link to Mr. Dow's Flight plan :

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/15945-thebigtourzip/

Here is the link to my Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7WA_Z50mcFcYZoyaNVVhzw

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Silverchip.

Enjoy! I’ll be doing the same, my first attempt at doing so. I’m currently planning my legs, starting in Virginia and I have about 40 so far that get me into Scotland. I’ll be keeping a type of journal logging details about each leg and things I’ve learned about each virtual stop. Will be sharing this with my two boys as a bit of an educational thing. Get to “see” places and learn about different geography, cultures, languages, etc. it’s going to take forever, but I’m not complaining!

I will be sticking with one plane, the A2A Aerostar when it is released. So for now planning continues!

• Like 1

Matthew Maclauchlan

Good luck with the Atlantic crossing.  The last time I looked Nasarsuaq wasn't there.  You could possibly land there anyway, and the runway might even show up as a graphic even if the airport is not depicted as such in the sim.  You can land on such runways.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

7 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Good luck with the Atlantic crossing.  The last time I looked Nasarsuaq wasn't there.  You could possibly land there anyway, and the runway might even show up as a graphic even if the airport is not depicted as such in the sim.  You can land on such runways.

Hook

Or take on the challenge of landing at BGAA Aasiaat, with its building in the middle of the runway 😉

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

When it comes to those... problems. I'll use some...creative thinking if those bases aren't fixed. I'm thinking using a Citation. If it comes to that 🙂

I started something even crazier in P3D as soon as my VR headset arrived. I visit EVERY country in the world alphabetically and look for the geographically most interesting sites.

I do some reading on Wikipedia first, then I check out some YouTube videos, then I plan a route.

I will port this journey over completey to MSFS as soon as VR is supported and a better mesh is available. For the time being I switch between the two.

Currently I'm in Australia near Adelaide, trying to figure out whether I want to continue along the coast towards Perth or if it is time to head north into the Outback. With MSFS that should be quite a ride.

Edited by Farlis