Sign in to follow this  
hanhamreds

AP - G1000 - G3000

Come across some useful tutorials I thought to share

AP 

enjoy

Edited by hanhamreds
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Thanks. Can't have too many tutorials.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

That was very useful, thank you. I did not realize that the nose up/down buttons adjusted airspeed in FLC mode.

So you must have a/p ON before the f/d command bars will follow the plan?

Due to the fact that a/p is supposed to be controlled by the f/d, you're supposed to be able to fly manually (a/p OFF, f/d  ON) using the f/d as visual guidance...but from my experience the f/d is broken and will not follow the plan if the a/p is off. That should be a bug.

Edited by hangar

Bad thing about the default Garmin. The lack of Direct TO wayponts and deleting individual waypoints.. Unless I missed something?

Edited by Adrian123
  • Upvote 1

his seems to work fine

mine doesnt work, like alot of other folks....apparently he does everything in these videos with the a/p on first...which you should NOT have to do (I never fly with a/p on unless at cruise level).

Believe he showed there was no DTO and don't delete a Waypoint, unlike the real G1000, you will lose all waypoints like the old FSX  G1000. I'll wait for a 3rd party. Could someone please overdub the audio also. 🙂

Its funny how he did a DTO but it overlayed on plan without amending plan? VERY weird...and yes you'd lose all yur waypoints...so what is going on in this video...why does everything seem to work just fine for him and not everyone else? Is it all because he has the a/p on before doing anything?

• Like 1

So yes...I now re-tested it and I am correct. The F/D bar in MSFS does not function correctly. It will provide vertical guidance without needing the a/p on, BUT, it will not provide horizontal guidance unless the a/p is on.

This is completely wrong. What this is saying basically is that the a/p has no need for the F/D...but in real life the a/p actually follows the F/D.

All navigational modes should work (HDG, NAV, APP, ALT) with having only the F/D on for visual guidance during manual flight and procedures (with a/p off). So, another vital system borked.

I sometimes wonder if they don't intentionally change the functionality from the real unit to avoid disclaimers. "Not for Real world use". Like the F1 or RXP Garmin units..

Edited by Adrian123

3 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I sometimes wonder if they don't intentionally change the functionality from the real unit to avoid disclaimers. "Not for Real world use". Like the F1 or RXP Garmin units..

The simpler explanation is that these gauges are still "under active development"..

At least I sure hope so 🤔

• Like 1

Bert

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

The simpler explanation is that these gauges are still "under active development"..

At least I sure hope so 🤔

I do too Bert. But over all the years, MS FSX or P3D never bothered to change the functionality. Even Xplanes G1000's, though better, are still wonkey. Only ones that seam realistic use the Garmin Trainer?

Edited by Adrian123
  • Upvote 1

In case it is helpful, I demo'd manually configuring an ILS in the King Air here. Interesting to note @hangar it looks like the FD does work on the ILS without the AP on in the KA, though it is very over-reactive, sometimes commanding in excess of 20 degrees nose up or nose down. Now, admittedly, I had setup some pretty crappy conditions (I don't think I've mastered the gust factor settings in manual weather yet) so was a little all over the place with up to 20 knot gains and losses on approach. There were a couple points that would have been required missed approaches if this weren't a sim with crashes disabled 😉

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

intersting, @cwburnett I havent tried an uncoupled ILS with the FD yet. Ill give it a shot. Perhaps the F/D bug is only happening when the cdi is set to use the gps/fms mode? If it works in VOR mode then maybe at least I can shoot some ILS approaches for now. I'll also have to test the heading bug again with mode set to VOR.