Sign in to follow this  
Age_27

I have no VFR Map !!! Or other toolbar options ..

So it turns out my install of MSFS 2020 simply has no VFR maps available to pop up at all and the toolbar does not have this icon, nor some of the other icons like the Weather (Cloud Icon) and Travel To (Pinpoint Icon) that that I've seen in other screenshots.

pyli9PT.png

At first I thought it was because I was flying IFR routes but the above is a simple VFR flight, also tried in free flight and Courcheval landing test (which I've had a friend confirm they can access the VFR map in that).

I've checked my package folder there is the following folder:

fs-base-ingamepanels-vfrmap

Which has 7 files for a total of 13.8kB - which seems a bit small. There are no other folders with vfr in the name only a couple of other JPG files in base and common directories.

Can anyone help me at least by verifying if they have any other vfrmap directories or files in their package folder ??

Edited by Age_27
Added context

Just a possibility here - you can try opening the Gear option on the right end of the Toolbar and hitting the Reset Panels button. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

12 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Just a possibility here - you can try opening the Gear option on the right end of the Toolbar and hitting the Reset Panels button. 

I did but no luck - I simply do not even have them as greyed out options.

1m5AN9l.png

As a test I tried deleting the fs-base-ingamepanels-vfrmap folder from Package directory and sure enough re-starting it found it missing and updated it but it just has the same contents as before and no fix to the issue 😞 

I'm amazed I'm the only one with this problem have searched through various forums to no avail .. 

My folder is 13.8k and I have the VFRMap.  I wonder if something you did caused it to be hidden, and it was never unhidden.  This might happen on a challenge or mission, no idea how you might get it back.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Hey @Age_27... do you have an account on the official Microsoft Flight Simulator forums here.  Here's a post  over there where the issue is solved. 

If you don't, here are the steps.  Please backup these folders (below) first and understand that you are doing this at your own risk.

1. Go to the main MSFS content location, Official/OneStore

2. Find "fs-base" folder and delete

3. Find "fs-base-ui-pages" and delete

4. Restart MSFS, allow content to update, check in-sim Toolbar.

Some have also fixed this with a complete uninstall/reinstall, but that is the last resort.

• Like 2

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

1 hour ago, dmiannay said:

Hey @Age_27... do you have an account on the official Microsoft Flight Simulator forums here.  Here's a post  over there where the issue is solved. 

If you don't, here are the steps.  Please backup these folders (below) first and understand that you are doing this at your own risk.

1. Go to the main MSFS content location, Official/OneStore

2. Find "fs-base" folder and delete

3. Find "fs-base-ui-pages" and delete

4. Restart MSFS, allow content to update, check in-sim Toolbar.

Some have also fixed this with a complete uninstall/reinstall, but that is the last resort.

I cannot find that thread (have just signed up for an account) can you re-pase the link or the thread title ? Either way I'm trying to re-install as you suggested now.

The setting for 'Group' in traffic - is that where you create a flight plan and select 'live traffic', 'multiplayer' etc ?

35 minutes ago, Age_27 said:

I cannot find that thread (have just signed up for an account) can you re-pase the link or the thread title ?

Hey, my friend.  The link is still active in my post above.

Doug Miannay

2 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Hey, my friend.  The link is still active in my post above.

Unfortuntely when I click on your link above:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/solved-in-game-toolbar-ui-panels-missing/105533

It says 'Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.'

Can you tell me which sub-forum it is in and when the last post was made ? I can try and find it by browsing manually or check if I have access to that sub-forum.

Anyway I tried the above it didn't work unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Marco Manieri said:

also it might be unavailable in Bush "adventures" activities?

Most definately not. ATC is not available during those, but the VFR map is, in a non tracking preset, so you have to figure out yourself were you are.

1 minute ago, Age_27 said:

It says 'Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.'

Ok, my mistake completely.  The link is to a post from back in Alpha/Closed Beta testing and since you weren't a tester, you can't go there. DOH!  My apologies. 

I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions other than a complete uninstall/reinstall.  If you go that route, be sure to clear out any leftover folders after the uninstall.

Doug Miannay

OK I managed to fix it !!

itWakEK.png
IuTPqST.png

Just needed to delete and re-update the right package folder in the end - it's one of the ones highlighted in blue above but not sure exactly which one. Luckily it was NOT the huge fs-base (14GB - which I did also update prior to no effect) or the gigantic fs-base-cgl (~70GB - which I watched and made sure installed correctly the first time)

Sartanius - as mentioned at Flight Sim forum it wasn't the big fs-base or fs-base-ui-pages but luckily the above folders weren't too big so didn't take too long to update as a whole. 

I also updated all the asobo folders just to make sure I don't have any other issues but it didn't fix this particular issue.

Anyway thanks again everyone for all your help and suggestions !!

• Like 2

Good morning, guys I have a question. I have a game pass account where the flight simulator does not show me the vfr map and for some unexplained reason i do not turn off the autopilot so I can not play the game properly. I reinstalled the game and even reinstalled windows 10 without solving the problem, considering that in the beginning the game worked properly. Finally I thought of creating a new Microsoft account with a new game pass where the game works properly, if I log in to my old account I have the above problems. Does anyone know what I could do to solve my problems? Thank you

17 hours ago, Dimitris 3 said:

Good morning, guys I have a question. I have a game pass account where the flight simulator does not show me the vfr map and for some unexplained reason i do not turn off the autopilot so I can not play the game properly. I reinstalled the game and even reinstalled windows 10 without solving the problem, considering that in the beginning the game worked properly. Finally I thought of creating a new Microsoft account with a new game pass where the game works properly, if I log in to my old account I have the above problems. Does anyone know what I could do to solve my problems? Thank you

Do you have any photos of your problem ? Some people have reported that VFR map is hidden behind the main display.

Do you get the VFR map icon on the toolbar like I just posted above ? It's the one that looks like pages of a book.