Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Exploring the Kamchatka Peninsula

I tried this once in P3D, even with ORBX Global and Vector installed, it wasn’t really that special. My next attempt was photoscenery for XP11, with even worse results; and it didn't matter, whether I used Google, Bing, USA2 or anything else. It was all horrible.. So I gave up on it. This is now my third attempt and it looks much better, although we still need an improved mesh. But I know that I complain here on a fairly high level 😉

We’ll start with real weather on the south-eastern side of the peninsula at Yelizovo, will fly along some nice mountain area and will land on its north-western side in Palana, a small settlement with a population of around 3,200 people (click on an image twice, if you want to see it in its original size). 

Kamtschatka-1.jpg 

Kamtschatka-2.jpg 

Kamtschatka-4.jpg 

Kamtschatka-6.jpg 

Kamtschatka-7.jpg 

Kamtschatka-9.jpg 

Kamtschatka-10.jpg 

Kamtschatka-13.jpg

But in such a remote location with a presumably poor satellite database, also MSFS is occasionally not free of a few glitches

Kamtschatka-14.jpg 

Kamtschatka-15.jpg 

Kamtschatka-16.jpg

Even at 500 ft it looks great

Kamtschatka-17.jpg 

Kamtschatka-18.jpg 

Above the small Palana airport

Kamtschatka-19.jpg

Also the village itself looks believable

Kamtschatka-20.jpg 

Kamtschatka-21.jpg 

Kamtschatka-22.jpg 

Kamtschatka-23.jpg

Thanks for viewing and I hope you like my little trip to a rarely visited place

Edited by bernd1151
  • Like 6

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Ha I saw that bumblebee livery to...hope someone makes a red and grey one

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nice exploring Bernd. Another area opened up. As you say, there will still be some lo-res or glitchy areas, but generally it all looks pretty good. I know there's a type of person in the various forums who will word not allowed because it's not all 100% accurate etc, but for me, as long as it looks credible it's worth visiting. If a place also turns out to be accurate that's a bonus.

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Thank you all very much for your comments

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

..but for me, as long as it looks credible it's worth visiting. If a place also turns out to be accurate that's a bonus.

I fully agree with you, Andy

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080