Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Let's visit Micky's house! (in Orlando)

I did some time in Orlando...in fact even worked at Disney World for a few years as a high school job (was very cool).

Anyway....wanted to see how our new sim rendered my old employer.....but we'll take a leisurely flight out there before we get to the main attraction.

Taking off from KMCO...was pleased to see Mr. BUFF just where he should be.

kSx8IZ.jpg

On the way out to Disney....you fly right by Sea World...and for those who attended the Flight Sim Expo....there is the hotel it was hosted at.

iU55bk.jpg

Next we float by EPCOT....

2HGCtP.jpg

And here is the star of the show...DISNEY!!!  The Contemporary Hotel nicely rendered. (No...I did not try to fly thru it!! ...yet....it may be rendered as solid in the middle....didn't fly close enough to look)

rIBNxW.jpg

Spun her around to get a few more shots....

VgQHcR.jpg

huRERv.jpg

e0OaKg.jpg

As long as I was in Orlando....of course I had to go see the house I grew up in....

ION5wb.jpg

I swam in my best friend's pool many times...and even jumped off the roof into the pool (well...more like I was pushed of the ridge of the roof...my friend convinced me that it would be fun.....he pushed me, so I was instantly committed to go, and he was 2 steps behind me...we JUST made it past the edge of the pool!  Kids.....)

Here is where I played baseball in Orlando (Conway to be exact...off SR50 and Dean road)

9DZ93V.jpg

And as long as I was near Daytona....headed up to see the Speedway....

IdMCc2.jpg

Never....I mean never has a sim been this detailed out of the box.....I'm continuously flabbergasted at what rolls under my wings as I take the steam-gauge 172 all over parts of the world that I've been to in real life.

I've already re-couped the cost of the sim in entertainment value.   Just phenomenal.

• Like 7

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

19 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I did some time in Orlando...in fact even worked at Disney World for a few years as a high school job (was very cool).

Anyway....wanted to see how our new sim rendered my old employer.....but we'll take a leisurely flight out there before we get to the main attraction.

Taking off from KMCO...was pleased to see Mr. BUFF just where he should be.

kSx8IZ.jpg

On the way out to Disney....you fly right by Sea World...and for those who attended the Flight Sim Expo....there is the hotel it was hosted at.

iU55bk.jpg

Next we float by EPCOT....

2HGCtP.jpg

And here is the star of the show...DISNEY!!!  The Contemporary Hotel nicely rendered. (No...I did not try to fly thru it!! ...yet....it may be rendered as solid in the middle....didn't fly close enough to look)

rIBNxW.jpg

Spun her around to get a few more shots....

VgQHcR.jpg

huRERv.jpg

e0OaKg.jpg

As long as I was in Orlando....of course I had to go see the house I grew up in....

ION5wb.jpg

I swam in my best friend's pool many times...and even jumped off the roof into the pool (well...more like I was pushed of the ridge of the roof...my friend convinced me that it would be fun.....he pushed me, so I was instantly committed to go, and he was 2 steps behind me...we JUST made it past the edge of the pool!  Kids.....)

Here is where I played baseball in Orlando (Conway to be exact...off SR50 and Dean road)

9DZ93V.jpg

And as long as I was near Daytona....headed up to see the Speedway....

IdMCc2.jpg

Never....I mean never has a sim been this detailed out of the box.....I'm continuously flabbergasted at what rolls under my wings as I take the steam-gauge 172 all over parts of the world that I've been to in real life.

I've already re-couped the cost of the sim in entertainment value.   Just phenomenal.

Nice shots!  Whatever they used as the base data for WDW (and likely other places), is very old, however.  The Polynesian bungalows are not there, and Disney Springs is depicted as Downtown Disney with lots of construction going on.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

1 minute ago, richbonneau said:

Nice shots!  Whatever they used as the base data for WDW (and likely other places), is very old, however.  The Polynesian bungalows are not there, and Disney Springs is depicted as Downtown Disney with lots of construction going on.

Yeah....sadly I think that will just be the nature of the beast. (It will be hard to keep all the scenery up to date)  Its sad that the Polynesian is not there anymore...was my favorite of all of them when I worked there back in 1978/79.  We used to ride the Monorail around all the resorts after we closed the park....we grabbed a bunch of un-sold balloons, sucked the helium out of them and talked like Donald Duck...and laughed hysterically the whole time....ahhh the memories of youth. 🙂

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

fantastic shots.  thanks

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next