Sign in to follow this  
YVRLHRDXB

Response from the team regarding missing airports....

We are planning to have discreet World Updates that focus on a specific region of Earth. The current plan is to do this every 2-3 months.

In order to really celebrate that particular part of the planet we are updating, we are also planning on creating some new hand-crafted airports, some new POIs and we will also attempt to provide some more activities … like landing challenges.

We are very excited about this as it will – over time - spotlight all regions of Earth, which we hope will bring focus to areas that might not be a current aviation hub.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

Nice, I need Narsarsuaq to be able to cross from Goose Bay. Hope they add it soon and didn't wait until November.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great news, really hope to see Asia having high quality photogrammetry, satellite imagery and data!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

While I find this approach laudable, the wording is a bit ambigous about the question, whether they plan to address the hundreds of missing airports.

If their approach is to fill them all in as they go from region to region, and as a part of that process handcraft another 4 per region, then I'm game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

We are planning to have discreet World Updates that focus on a specific region of Earth. The current plan is to do this every 2-3 months.

In order to really celebrate that particular part of the planet we are updating, we are also planning on creating some new hand-crafted airports, some new POIs and we will also attempt to provide some more activities … like landing challenges.

We are very excited about this as it will – over time - spotlight all regions of Earth, which we hope will bring focus to areas that might not be a current aviation hub.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

Avsim should make your account as official MSFS team account here with the logo and all.

Thank you for the update

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Yeah I have to say I find the situation disappointing.  I know not many are done by hand, but I was under the impression every active airport in the world was supposed to be there in one form or another.  That was the case for FSX, right?  In particular, the teeny airport I used to fly real airplanes at in FL (F45 in Palm Beach county) was in FSX but seems not to exist in 2020.

Will these updates include TV towers and transmission lines?

48 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Great news, really hope to see Asia having high quality photogrammetry, satellite imagery and data!

I would lose my mind if they created a landing challenge that re-drew Kai Tak airport and surrounding Hong Kong scenery in its 70's-80's glory and gave us a landing challenge with the 747 on the Checkerboard....perhaps the most iconic approach in aviation history.

I don't think I'd do anything else for a week after it came out. 🙂

• Like 5

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

50 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I’ll second that and hope Fly Tampa does another Kai Tak airport for MSFS!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

I would lose my mind if they created a landing challenge that re-drew Kai Tak airport and surrounding Hong Kong scenery in its 70's-80's glory and gave us a landing challenge with the 747 on the Checkerboard....perhaps the most iconic approach in aviation history.

I don't think I'd do anything else for a week after it came out. 🙂

This ^^^^^

• Like 1

Chris Camp

I swear, if I have to read about someone wanting a 22 year defunct airport in the sim once more...

People are already complaining that huge patches of Bing's sattelite data is 10 years outdated, and someone brings that dead corpse of an airport up again...

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

nice to see that updates like this are  coming later on . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I’d love to have Kai Tak as an add on.  Who cares if it’s been defunct for decades

• Like 4

Chris Sunseri

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

I swear, if I have to read about someone wanting a 22 year defunct airport in the sim once more...

I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about it happening....they have enough to do with current airports and scenery....but that particular airport holds a lot of sentiment for older aviation enthusiasts. 

Absolutely nothing beat watching a 747 drift down into downtown HK....make a continuous right turn all the way to flare, then kicking out the yaw at the last sec (and sometimes not LOL)...and putting several hundred tons of aluminium gracefully on the deck. (and again....sometimes not!) 🤣

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg