Sign in to follow this  
Silver0066

FS 2020 Press Any Key Hangs

Intell 10700K
ASUS Maximus XII Formula – 32 GB Ram
Nvidia GE Force GTS Titan Black driving 3 monitors, 2 HDMI, 1 Display Port
FS Installed on 2 GB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Purchased from Store.  No problem downloading. When I run I get to the Cessna screen saying Press Any Key. I press a key then the screen goes black, the little circle spins for 5 seconds and stops. The screen remains black, the Press Any Key blinks on and off. I CTRL-ALT-DEL to the Task Manager and FS is using about 1.3 gigs of memory, but everything else is at 0. I have done this as Administrator, Uninstalled and Reinstalled several times.

I also did all of the following procedures: NOTHING HELPED.

How to troubleshoot crashes & CTDs at the loading screen

Follow

Support Updated : Today at 08:26 August 13, 2020 03:02

On occasion, you may experience crashes before the main loading screen. Below you will find a guide that will help you get back in the skies in no time.

INVESTIGATION

Before attempting the troubleshooting steps below, we invite you to investigate the likely cause of the crash.

Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking

This step will help identify if the issues lie with the hardware or software: if the sim doesn’t start in safe mode, it is likely a problem with the hardware (for instance: corrupted drivers or overclocking) but if the sim runs normally in safe mode, it’s likely a problem with a program (antivirus/firewalls, conflicts).

Please refer to this article from the Microsoft help-center for detailed instructions:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Once you have found the likely cause of the problem, proceed with the troubleshooting.

THE CRASH IS CAUSED BY A SOFTWARE

Disable ALL background software or applications including, Antivirus, Firewalls, and any FPS boosting or monitoring software.

Alternatively, you can find the problematic service or application by performing a clean boot. You’ll find detailed instructions here:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Deactivate Windows Defender
Open Start. . …
Open Settings. . …
Click. Update & Security. …
Click Windows Security. This tab is in the upper-left side of the window.
Click Virus & threat protection. …
Click Virus & threat protection settings. …
Disable Windows Defender’s real-time scanning.
Set game priority to high
Turn off any overlays

Check that your antivirus/anti-malware is not causing a conflict with the game

Sample of Virus & malware checkers that have been known to prevent games and apps from launching:

• Malwarebytes
  • Trend Micro Maximum Security
  • Comodo Antivirus
  • Sophos
  • Emisoft Anti-Malware
  • Avira
  • Avast & Avast Cleanup

If your antivirus or anti-malware falsely flagged Microsoft Flight Simulator, remove the file from quarantine then whitelist Microsoft Flight Simulator. To do so follow the instructions from your manufacturer.

Check that a 3rd party software is not causing a conflict with the game.

Sample of 3rd party software that may prevent games and apps from running:

• Nahimic Audio
  • Logitech G Hub
  • MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
  • EVGA Precision
  • OBS
  • Xsplit
  • Discord
  • MacType
  • Warsaw Banking App
  • Wallpaper Engine
  • A-Volute Sound studio
  • Malwarebytes
  • Sonic Audio

Please make sure you either disable or uninstall to ensure successful gameplay.

Turn off any extra Power monitoring software

Sample of power monitoring software that may cause issues at start-up:

• MSI DragonCenter
  • RyzenMaster
  • Gamefast from Dells Killer Control Center
  • Any software installed that may be adjusting or monitoring power settings

Then, make sure that your Power settings are correct

• Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options
  • Change to High Performance
  • Perform a Full Shutdown (not restart).

THE CRASH IS CAUSED BY THE HARDWARE

Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements

Please ensure that your Windows 10 version is 1909 or higher and that your system is fully updated.

• Make sure Windows is up to date :

• Select Start , then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates.
    • For more information/troubleshooting, see: Update Windows 10
  • Make sure all the updates in the Microsoft Store are installed, especially Gaming Services and Xbox Companion app .

• In the top right-hand side corner of the Microsoft Store, click on the Arrow icon or the three-dot menu > Downloads and updates. Then click " Get updates " > Update all

Note: You can turn on automatic updates in the Microsoft Store to make sure you won’t miss future updates.

• Select the Start screen, then select Microsoft Store
  • In Microsoft Store at the upper right, select the account menu (the three dots) and then select Settings .
  • Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to On .

Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ programs

• Press the Windows Key + R, type “appwiz.cpl” and then press Enter.
  • Locate the Microsoft Visual C++ programs in the list.
  • Select each entry and then click Uninstall.
  • Download a fresh copy of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime from here and then install it.

Update the drivers of your GPU

Outdated or corrupted drivers can cause crashes at start-up. We recommend that when trying this step that you completely remove your old drivers before updating to the latest versions. To remove your old drivers and then update to the latest:

1. Press the Windows Key
  2. Type Add or Remove Program
  3. Scroll down the list and find your graphics driver
  4. Click the driver once and select uninstall. Confirm this by clicking Uninstall again.
  5. Once complete reboot Windows
  6. Download the latest drivers from here:
  1. Install to the latest driver and then reboot your PC again

Does anyone have any suggestions? :man_shrugging:

I had this issue during Beta and release, Upgrading WIN 10 to Version 2004 resolved the issue for me. 

Roll back NVDIA driver upon install. Once installation finish you can update back to the current driver. I had your exact situation for three days now. Finally passed that dilemma thanks to Hubinwa 

I rolled back to May Nvidia driver from the latest.  Still did the same thing.  I upgraded to Win 10 Version 2004 a few weeks ago.  I have been trying to get past this screen for 4 days now.  I am just about ready to give up unless someone has some suggestions.

4 hours ago, Silver0066 said:

I rolled back to May Nvidia driver from the latest.  Still did the same thing.  I upgraded to Win 10 Version 2004 a few weeks ago.  I have been trying to get past this screen for 4 days now.  I am just about ready to give up unless someone has some suggestions.

Try the Xbox Game Pass version, that installed first time for me without issue I was then able to test the sim further get it stable and now enjoying FS2020. Steam refunded the premium deluxe version I had bought without hesitation and it was showing 12 hours game time.  Once they fix all the install issues I'll buy it again and stop using game pass version.